Top Posts & Pages
- Chuck McDermott & Wheatstraw Reunion! At Johnny D's June 7th
- This Sunday: The John Lincoln Wright Annual Sourmash Christmas Party!
- HA'ppenings: John Lincoln Wright Memorial Christmas Show December 13th
- Memorial Party for Vicki—Now Sunday, April 9th, 1–6 PM!
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Cowboy Jack Clement Dies at 82
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- HAH History: The Committee Saves the Show!
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- The Montreal Express
Tag Archives: Larry Flint
[UPDATE 2: Now rescheduled for April 9th, 1-6 PM.] [UPDATE: As most know, the snowstorm last Sunday caused most concerts to be cancelled. Says Larry: “This event will be rescheduled on a Sunday in April with the hope of much … Continue reading
John Lincoln Wright was to my mind the best country singer to come out of New England, except for Dick Curless, and undoubtedly the best songwriter. He was also a terrific band leader and stage presence (though to my knowledge … Continue reading
[Note: Part 1 is HERE. Part 3 is HERE.] Winning a Distinguished Achievement Award got Dr Janie and me tickets to the Thursday evening 25th Annual International Bluegrass Music Awards. Indeed, as VIPs (Virtually Invisible Personages?), upon entering the grounds … Continue reading
Back in July, Harvard Gazette (and Boston Globe) photographer Jon Chase arrived at Studio BC at WHRB on Saturday morning, and snapped a bunch of photos. Larry Flint turned up, as well as Buck Mitchell, and erstwhile Nashville (now back … Continue reading
Taken with my iPhone from the 11th Floor window of my overnight room at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear building, after I was awakened at 5 AM Thursday for ‘vitals’ or something. As Larry Flint tells me, “Hospitals are not … Continue reading
Rick and his band The Bayou Boys held forth here in the northeast for the better part of two decades, and recorded two albums for John Penny’s Belmont Records label. Rick Robinson’s roots were in New Hampshire, but he moved … Continue reading
Guest post by Larry Flint Friday June 7th @7:30 pm Chuck McDermott & Wheatstraw Johnny D’s 17 Holland St. Davis Sq. Somerville 617-776-2004 Hello Friends and Neighbors, As most of you already know, some forty years ago I began playing, … Continue reading