December 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Whaddaya Know? We’ve Been Pre-empted!
- In Virginia for Thanksgiving
- Lincoln and ‘Acoustic Pals’ Live in 1992!
- The Poodles, Live in 1986!
- Back on Track with The Lynn Morris Band on October 31st, 1992
- Hear New IBMA Hall of Famer Lynn Morris on Hallowe’en 1992
- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Whaddaya Know? We've Been Pre-empted!
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" (Now Available!)
- The 2018 Joe Val Festival
- Willie, John T, and Me
Tag Archives: Larry Flint
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The weekend of September 12, 1998, featured a Folk Festival in downtown Boston, sponsored I think by WUMB. There were several artists of interest to HAH listeners, e.g. J.D. Crowe, and the fabulous Freight Hoppers, … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Time is short, so I’ll just quote from my introductory announcement for this Saturday’s Archival Production of Hillbilly at Harvard: Today we’re going back in time to January 18, 1997. There’s a note on the … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD February 25, 1995, to be exact. Old Sinc has just returned from three weeks in Las Vegas, Larry Flint is there as well, and we’re expecting The James King Band. We’re in our new studios … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The metal reel on Revox tape recorder looks perturbed, but I prefer to think it’s singing. The slow-moving (3 3/4 ips) reels are regaling me with music from 1989 (two hours of The Down Home … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD This Saturday (May 15th) travel back with us to April 16, 2005, and a memorable Hillbilly at Harvard. Peter Rowan was back in town, opening for Ralph Stanley at Sanders Theatre at Harvard, with Peter’s … Continue reading
GET UP EARLY IF YOU WANT TO HEAR RHONDA! I’ve put together a little collage of Hillbilly at Harvard history, which (if all goes as I planned) should air this coming Saturday, May 1, 2021. That’s right, May Day—International Layabouts … Continue reading
Last Friday brought this news from Jon Lehrich, Chairman of WHRB’s Board of Trustees: Friends: I am writing to share the sad news that David Elliott passed away last night, after a long battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). David … Continue reading
[UPDATE 2: Now rescheduled for April 9th, 1-6 PM.] [UPDATE: As most know, the snowstorm last Sunday caused most concerts to be cancelled. Says Larry: “This event will be rescheduled on a Sunday in April with the hope of much … Continue reading
UPDATE 4MAY21: The CD is now available on eBay. See Update HERE. UPDATE 28Apr21: CDbaby has closed their record store, and are now offering only services. Amazon and cdUniverse appear to have no John Lincoln Wright CDs. Collectors Choice shows … Continue reading
[Note: Part 1 is HERE. Part 3 is HERE.] Winning a Distinguished Achievement Award got Dr Janie and me tickets to the Thursday evening 25th Annual International Bluegrass Music Awards. Indeed, as VIPs (Virtually Invisible Personages?), upon entering the grounds … Continue reading