- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
- That’s Good, That’s Bad
- Tom Russell Pays a Visit in 1988
- Visit with the Legendary Howard Armstrong in 1997
- Boston City Limits with Chris Jones, in 1988
- Frank Dudgeon Rides in for The Last Roundup
- OId Devils Dream. . . of 1986
Top Posts & Pages
- It's the Eighth of January!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Willie, John T, and Me
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Why No Spinitron?
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
Monthly Archives: April 2013
Thanks to Scott Johnson and the now-venerable Powerline Blog for including links here. Have to admit I slipped them a hint, but it’s nice to have it noticed. /CL George Jones, RIP UPDATE: Commenter James DeCamp links to an article … Continue reading
Rather than add updates to the original post, here, I’ll create a new post. There’s a nice ‘In Memorium’ in The American Spectator by Larry Thornberry, The Perfect Country Singer . . . Jones’ large and loyal fan base was … Continue reading
Guest Post by Steve Bartlett Back in the late 1940s—I was either in 5th or 6th grade—I discovered Eddie and Pearl, a married hillbilly duo on local radio station KRIC. Eddie had a 15-minute show about 1 PM 6 days … Continue reading
A friend reports that a well-known professor of economics at Harvard not only listens to HAH, the show turned up in his midterm exam. The question begins, 1. After listening to WHRB Hillbilly at Harvard, you want to catch the … Continue reading
All of the obituaries on George Jones mention his two nicknames, “The Possum,” and “No Show Jones.” Some point out that they were applied in either derision or jest, but the first certainly became a term of affection in the … Continue reading
Terrible news: George Jones has died at 81. Here are links to a few obits: Washington Post: “George Jones, legend in country music, dies at 81” Associated Press: “George Jones, country superstar, has died at 81” CNN: “George Jones dies … Continue reading
UPDATE 3: Dr Janie and I were wondering: Would insurance pay for the Watertown guy’s boat, probably riddled with bullet holes? Usually there’s an exclusion for ‘acts of war and terrorism’ or some such. I say, let’s start a fund … Continue reading
If you were listening Saturday, you heard Elijah and Sandrine Sheon perform a couple of old-timey tunes with clarinet (reminiscent of The Hoosier Hotshots) and Elijah’s masterful finger-picking. Elijah also brought by a Steve James recording of “The Hadacol Boogie” … Continue reading
Apropos of nothing particular, daughter Sarah asks: “How many times can you watch this and still laugh hysterically? Apparently, if you’re 5, 4, or 2, the answer is about 50. ” Monorail cat makes a stop Have to admit, there … Continue reading
Wikipedia A friend sends an article on Johnny Cash from a surprising source: Investor’s Business Daily. It’s under the topic heading, “Management: Leaders and Success,” so presumably it’s meant as an object lesson. A boxed pull quote makes this clear: … Continue reading