Top Posts & Pages
- Chuck McDermott & Wheatstraw Reunion! At Johnny D's June 7th
- This Sunday: The John Lincoln Wright Annual Sourmash Christmas Party!
- HA'ppenings: John Lincoln Wright Memorial Christmas Show December 13th
- Memorial Party for Vicki—Now Sunday, April 9th, 1–6 PM!
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Cowboy Jack Clement Dies at 82
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- HAH History: The Committee Saves the Show!
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- The Montreal Express
Monthly Archives: April 2015
In January of last year, I wrote about traveling to Maryland to celebrate my mother’s 100th birthday, HERE. Unhappily, she died peacefully Monday night, not long after passing her 101st year. She had been declining for the past few months, … Continue reading
Here’s the flyer for this remarkable annual event, one of several over the years, and the 19th in Waltham, aimed at raising funds for Healing Gardens in hospitals. It began with Waltham Hospital, where the first Healing Garden was named … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the Boston Bluegrass Union: BBU Presents Dale Ann Bradley in concert, Saturday, April 25th, Lexington, MA Greetings from the BBU – We’re pleased to present the Dale Ann Bradley Band along with Laura Orshaw and the … Continue reading
But I just discovered Richard Brandenburg this past fall. I was listening to an album I got from a California artist named David Thom at the IBMA World of Bluegrass in Raleigh, a good album, which I enjoyed, but nothing … Continue reading
I had never heard of Wisewater until I received an email from Kate Lee about promoting their upcoming area gigs on WHRB. Kate described Wisewater as a “Nashville, TN-based contemporary folk trio”, at which point I was ready to turn … Continue reading
Received this email from David Johnson last week: Lynn, I hope this e-mail finds you and Hillbilly at Harvard well. I am up late working on a writing project. If you happen to be playing some Stanley Brothers on the … Continue reading
From the BBU website: Jam’n Coming Your Way! The Boston Bluegrass Union is pleased to present Spring Jam’n Weekend 2015 April 10-12, 2015 at the historic Colonial Inn in Concord,MA. Jam all weekend long or attend instructor-led jams and free … Continue reading