- Coming Up: The Joe Val Festival for 2020!
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
Top Posts & Pages
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- The Montreal Express
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- ‘Maple Sugar’, Sweetheart!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
Monthly Archives: April 2015
In January of last year, I wrote about traveling to Maryland to celebrate my mother’s 100th birthday, HERE. Unhappily, she died peacefully Monday night, not long after passing her 101st year. She had been declining for the past few months, … Continue reading
Here’s the flyer for this remarkable annual event, one of several over the years, and the 19th in Waltham, aimed at raising funds for Healing Gardens in hospitals. It began with Waltham Hospital, where the first Healing Garden was named … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the Boston Bluegrass Union: BBU Presents Dale Ann Bradley in concert, Saturday, April 25th, Lexington, MA Greetings from the BBU – We’re pleased to present the Dale Ann Bradley Band along with Laura Orshaw and the … Continue reading
But I just discovered Richard Brandenburg this past fall. I was listening to an album I got from a California artist named David Thom at the IBMA World of Bluegrass in Raleigh, a good album, which I enjoyed, but nothing … Continue reading
I had never heard of Wisewater until I received an email from Kate Lee about promoting their upcoming area gigs on WHRB. Kate described Wisewater as a “Nashville, TN-based contemporary folk trio”, at which point I was ready to turn … Continue reading
Received this email from David Johnson last week: Lynn, I hope this e-mail finds you and Hillbilly at Harvard well. I am up late working on a writing project. If you happen to be playing some Stanley Brothers on the … Continue reading
From the BBU website: Jam’n Coming Your Way! The Boston Bluegrass Union is pleased to present Spring Jam’n Weekend 2015 April 10-12, 2015 at the historic Colonial Inn in Concord,MA. Jam all weekend long or attend instructor-led jams and free … Continue reading