- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
- That’s Good, That’s Bad
- Tom Russell Pays a Visit in 1988
- Visit with the Legendary Howard Armstrong in 1997
- Boston City Limits with Chris Jones, in 1988
- Frank Dudgeon Rides in for The Last Roundup
- OId Devils Dream. . . of 1986
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- It's the Eighth of January!
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Willie, John T, and Me
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Why No Spinitron?
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
Monthly Archives: July 2021
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I just finished listening to an old Hillbilly show, which ended with a live performance from The Nashville Bluegrass Band, and a lengthy Old Sinc recitation of the Country Calendar as the boys played ‘Cumberland … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD After the Archival show with James King, Gerry Katz of the BBU wrote to say he booked the concert with James and Lou Reid that weekend, and the live performance of the James King Band … Continue reading
We drove up with our little Casita travel trailer into pungent Litchfield, Maine (yes, it seemed to be manure-spreading season) and found the Blistered Fingers Bluegrass Festival, the 54th, they advertise. They have two every summer (in June and August), … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD They were all on Hillbilly at Harvard! Ranch Romance and The Austin Lounge Lizards performed live in 1994. Claire Lynch didn’t show up until 2010, for what we call a ‘chin-and-spin’, to promote a show … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD February 25, 1995, to be exact. Old Sinc has just returned from three weeks in Las Vegas, Larry Flint is there as well, and we’re expecting The James King Band. We’re in our new studios … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I went looking in the boxes of reel-to-reel tapes for a July 4th show. The closest I found was one from Saturday, July 5th, 1986. Old Sinc and Miss Helen were on vacation in Florida … Continue reading