- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Bluegrass and Cajun at the Lowell Folk Festival
Top Posts & Pages
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- ‘Maple Sugar’, Sweetheart!
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- 2015 Joe Val Festival News
- "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" (Now Available!)
- Cookie-Cutter Country?
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Hits and Misses 5
- WHRB Updates Web Streaming
- Johnny Cash: "I Don't Give Up."
Monthly Archives: January 2019
I had heard the name, but knew nothing of the band when Tony Watt asked if I’d like to have them on live. They are scheduled to appear at the Joe Val Festival this year, so I said, sure, if … Continue reading
I met Al Hawkes at one of the Joe Val Festivals, back in the Green Room. It was not the one where he received the 2009 Heritage Industry Award from the Boston Bluegrass Union. It might have been 2016 when … Continue reading