October 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
- Update from the Road
- Home-Brewed, Archived, Pre-empted
- Hillbilly Home Recordings Continue. . .
- More Hillbilly Home Recordings. . .
- Hillbilly Home Recordings (HHR) is on the Air
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Ol’ Sinc
GET UP EARLY IF YOU WANT TO HEAR RHONDA! I’ve put together a little collage of Hillbilly at Harvard history, which (if all goes as I planned) should air this coming Saturday, May 1, 2021. That’s right, May Day—International Layabouts … Continue reading
Twenty-one years ago, March 25th, 2000, John Lincoln Wright convinced his long-time friend, rock singer Peter Wolf, to bring down some of his favorite country records to Hillbilly at Harvard. Pete was a regular listener, and as we discovered, as … Continue reading
Ol’ Sinc recorded a couple of Generic Hours with me back around 2000. After he died I didn’t use them, but some 15 years later, when I was going to miss two Saturdays in a row, I ran them (announced … Continue reading
Cousin Dave Schmalz hosted Hillbilly at Harvard with Ol’ Sinc from c. 1966 (see The Committee Saves the Show) into 1975, when Dave moved to Holland, and I came back from hither and yon. Sadly, as I mentioned on the … Continue reading
Guy Clark was a crusty fellow with a laconic Texas reticence, which belied a whimsy that comes out in some of his songs, like “Too Much,” Too much workin’ll make your back ache Too much trouble’ll bring you a heartbreak … Continue reading
Harvard Magazine, which is circulated to an astonishing 240,000 alumni, faculty, and staff of Harvard University (Wikipedia), in its Alumni section for September-October 2015 (Vol. 118, No. 1) featured an article by Craig A. Lambert on WHRB (pp. 63-7). The … Continue reading
Gordy Brown is an old friend of Hillbilly at Harvard, and has done enormous service to country music in the region as historian and keeper of memorabilia with his New England Country Music Historical Society (now defunct). But I’ve had … Continue reading