December 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Whaddaya Know? We’ve Been Pre-empted!
- In Virginia for Thanksgiving
- Lincoln and ‘Acoustic Pals’ Live in 1992!
- The Poodles, Live in 1986!
- Back on Track with The Lynn Morris Band on October 31st, 1992
- Hear New IBMA Hall of Famer Lynn Morris on Hallowe’en 1992
- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Whaddaya Know? We've Been Pre-empted!
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" (Now Available!)
- The 2018 Joe Val Festival
- Willie, John T, and Me
Category Archives: Record Business
ALERT UPDATE: SHOW DID NOT RUN AT ALL, FOR UNKNOWN REASON. I WILL ASK THEM TO RUN THIS SHOW NEXT SATURDAY. /CL ALERT! SOMETHING HAPPENED AND THE ARCHIVAL SHOW IS NOT RUNNING. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO CONTACT ANYONE WHO … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Tomorrow (Saturday, October 23rd) we jump ten years from our previous Hillbilly at Harvard Archive to April 15th, 2000, featuring The Tarbox Rambers. The Tarbox Ramblers had been playing a club called the Green Street … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I hate starting a paragraph with “As I . . .” but, as I mentioned in the introductory announcement to tomorrow’s HAH Archive, After just archiving half of a show from 1990 with two live … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was July 21st, 1990. Sinc and I were both in town, and so were Peter Keane and Barry & Holly Tashian. Pete (a WHRB member) knew sumptuous Studio A well, as he and Elijah … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Looking at the tapes from 1986, I noticed one with friend and colleague Frank Dudgeon. Turns out that on August 23rd, Old Sinc was on one of his annual treks to Saratoga for the races, … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD February 25, 1995, to be exact. Old Sinc has just returned from three weeks in Las Vegas, Larry Flint is there as well, and we’re expecting The James King Band. We’re in our new studios … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The metal reel on Revox tape recorder looks perturbed, but I prefer to think it’s singing. The slow-moving (3 3/4 ips) reels are regaling me with music from 1989 (two hours of The Down Home … Continue reading
UPDATE 2 (5May21): Lincoln’s That Old Mill, the 1990 release on Northeastern Records, is now also on eBay. Current link is HERE, but if necessary search on ‘John Lincoln Wright’ and you should see it. /CL UPDATE: I’m told there … Continue reading
GET UP EARLY IF YOU WANT TO HEAR RHONDA! I’ve put together a little collage of Hillbilly at Harvard history, which (if all goes as I planned) should air this coming Saturday, May 1, 2021. That’s right, May Day—International Layabouts … Continue reading
Cousin Dave Schmalz hosted Hillbilly at Harvard with Ol’ Sinc from c. 1966 (see The Committee Saves the Show) into 1975, when Dave moved to Holland, and I came back from hither and yon. Sadly, as I mentioned on the … Continue reading