- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
- That’s Good, That’s Bad
- Tom Russell Pays a Visit in 1988
- Visit with the Legendary Howard Armstrong in 1997
- Boston City Limits with Chris Jones, in 1988
- Frank Dudgeon Rides in for The Last Roundup
- OId Devils Dream. . . of 1986
Top Posts & Pages
- It's the Eighth of January!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Willie, John T, and Me
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Why No Spinitron?
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
Category Archives: Hillbilly Journal
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Tomorrow (Saturday, October 23rd) we jump ten years from our previous Hillbilly at Harvard Archive to April 15th, 2000, featuring The Tarbox Rambers. The Tarbox Ramblers had been playing a club called the Green Street … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was November 8th, 1986, back in the WHRB studios under Sanders Theater in Memorial Hall, and I was having trouble with Left Turntable during The Down Home Show. One channel was not broadcasting. This … Continue reading
Coincidentally, the 20th year since the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001, falls on a Saturday (I won’t call it an ‘anniversary’, because it’s an occasion for remembrance, not celebration). Usually on the annual Saturday closest to the 11th, I … Continue reading
Good news: The Powers That Be at Harvard are opening up WHRB to renegades like me. Bad news: The same Powers have decreed that everyone inside the building must wear a face mask at all times. That means even people … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I just finished listening to an old Hillbilly show, which ended with a live performance from The Nashville Bluegrass Band, and a lengthy Old Sinc recitation of the Country Calendar as the boys played ‘Cumberland … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD They were all on Hillbilly at Harvard! Ranch Romance and The Austin Lounge Lizards performed live in 1994. Claire Lynch didn’t show up until 2010, for what we call a ‘chin-and-spin’, to promote a show … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD February 25, 1995, to be exact. Old Sinc has just returned from three weeks in Las Vegas, Larry Flint is there as well, and we’re expecting The James King Band. We’re in our new studios … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I went looking in the boxes of reel-to-reel tapes for a July 4th show. The closest I found was one from Saturday, July 5th, 1986. Old Sinc and Miss Helen were on vacation in Florida … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD 1961: The Lilly Brothers, Everett and B, with Don Stover, play a concert in Lowell House at Harvard College. Everett, who usually plays mandolin, picks up the fiddle and wows the audience with a fiery … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I long remembered there was a time when Delia Bell and Bill Grant had played live on Hillbilly at Harvard. I was entranced by Bill’s performance of Merle Haggard’s “I’ll Break Out Again Tonight,” so … Continue reading