January 2020 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
Top Posts & Pages
Author Archives: cousinlynn953
Yes, I’m out of town, still in Powhatan, Virginia, visiting with daughter Sarah and family. Had a full-filling Thanksgiving dinner with her Reilly in-laws, for which Sarah (with Dr Janie’s and her three boys’ help) made “All nine kinds of … Continue reading
Once again we make room for the Saturday afternoon Metropolitan Opera radio broadcasts, in the Boston area exclusively on WHRB. All but three of the broadcasts start at 1:00 PM, with HAH ending about 15 minutes early for the Prelude … Continue reading
In the previous post on the restoration of NC&StL Engine 576 and the Marty Stuart/Harry Stinson song, I drew on a post by ‘jh’ on the Mac Resource Forum. I left out the part where jh posted a link to … Continue reading
Since 1953, Nashville, Chattanooga & Saint Louis locomotive no. 576 has adorned Nashville’s Centennial Park. It was the last of the 20 class J3 4-8-4 (‘Dixie’) steam engines built by the American Locomotive Company (Alco) for the NC&StL (abbreviated ‘NC’) … Continue reading
WHRB Sports is asking for only 15 minutes before the games, so most Saturdays this fall we’ll be going until 12:45 PM. Can’t complain. The two games in September will not affect HAH. The Penn game is scheduled to start … Continue reading
I don’t get to many festivals, as the biggest day is always Saturday, and I have radio business then. But I did arrange for a pre-recorded Hillbilly at Harvard on June 29th, so Dr Janie and I took the Green … Continue reading
Jalopnik news item of interest to some of us: Sacramento County Says It’s Illegal to Work on Your Own Car in Your Own Garage Jason Torchinsky There’s an interesting discussion happening over at the Grassroots Motorsports forum right now, and … Continue reading
Saturday a listener named Liz posted a comment on the Paper and Pen page. I was going to respond there, but then decided that the question was important enough to merit a post. Liz wrote: “When the pickaninnies pick the … Continue reading
I’m in Powhatan, Virginia, with daughter Sarah and family this week; Sarah and husband James are dual-handedly building a new house in the woods. Here is the view of distant maple blossoms from the back of the house, on the … Continue reading