January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Bluegrass
REMEMBER PART 2, SATURDAY THE 24TH AT 9AM! ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD By 1989 the Christmas Extravaganza was an established tradition for Hillbilly at Harvard, featuring “four hours of the very best, and the very worst, of country Christmas … Continue reading
Tony Trischa was always nothing if not thorough. He has appeared on Hillbilly at Harvard several times over the decades, always an affable, mild-mannered fellow whose understated mastery was always omnipresent. Is it something about banjo players? Bill Keith was … Continue reading
The only Molly Tuttle album I had, When You’re Ready (2019), was lovely but not very country. So I’m delighted to learn (from Ken Irwin, at the Thomas Point Beach Bluegrass Festival) that she’s returned to bluegrass with an all-star … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD “Hillbilly Central.” That’s what Sinc called it, in Studio B with Tish Hinojosa, as Jim Rooney was waving goodbye, Tom Pittman of the Austin Lounge Lizards had dropped by to say hello (the Lizards were … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It’s October 24th, 1992. The Boston Bluegrass Union is bringing in Kate MacKenzie and her band Stoney Lonesome from the Twin Cities, to play at the First Church Congregational, on the corner of Garden and … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It’s Saturday, June 5th, 1993. Hillbilly at Harvard had been preempted for a couple of weeks (probably by Orgies®) and was limited, we were told, to three hours that day. But Iris DeMent was in … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The Boston Bluegrass Union was celebrating its 25th Anniversary, and for the occasion was hosting a concert at the (then named) Museum of Our National Heritage in Lexington, with a group they called the Southern … Continue reading
ALERT UPDATE: SHOW DID NOT RUN AT ALL, FOR UNKNOWN REASON. I WILL ASK THEM TO RUN THIS SHOW NEXT SATURDAY. /CL ALERT! SOMETHING HAPPENED AND THE ARCHIVAL SHOW IS NOT RUNNING. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO CONTACT ANYONE WHO … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was November 8th, 1986, back in the WHRB studios under Sanders Theater in Memorial Hall, and I was having trouble with Left Turntable during The Down Home Show. One channel was not broadcasting. This … Continue reading