December 2019 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Follow-ups
Once again, another amazing festival produced and hosted by the Boston Bluegrass Union! Dr Janie and I got to a fair amount of the shows, but of course there was lots more going on that we didn’t see: workshops, jams, … Continue reading
NOTE: For higher-resolution versions of the photographs, go to Flickr, HERE. (They won’t be super high, because with my Rebel T2i-Tamron 18-270 combination, I still needed to shoot at 3200 ISO, but they will be better than the ones that … Continue reading
(16Dec) Yep, it was 3º F on the river in Saxonville this morning. Although the storm tomorrow is supposed to change from snow to rain and warmer temps during the day, I’ll try to remember to play “The Montreal Express”—see … Continue reading
[Continued from Part I, HERE] Saturday evening, following Steve Gulley and New Pinnacle, the ladies of Sister Sadie unleashed some powerful and poignant vocals in the main hall. This is a an all star band that features two very different … Continue reading
Once again the Boston Bluegrass Union pulled off another flawlessly-executed (at least as far as we spectators could tell, and that’s what counts!) Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, Presidents’ Day weekend at the Sheraton in Framingham. At least this year there … Continue reading
As a follow-up to the two posts on Tex Logan, HERE and HERE, this from Gordy Brown— What better way to wish you a Merry Christmas. Tex performs his composition. He is an Inductee to our MCMAA [Massachusetts Country Music … Continue reading
Voting on the Ameripolitan website, HERE, has been open since Thanksgiving Day. You can also download smart-phone apps that let you listen to nominee music and vote for your favorites. And of course you can vote for me/HAH, if you … Continue reading
Almost two years ago I posted an article about the history of a hymn we have played on the Hillbilly at Harvard Christmas Extravangaza for years and years: The Stanley Brothers‘ recording on King Records of “Beautiful Star of Bethlehem”; … Continue reading