December 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Whaddaya Know? We’ve Been Pre-empted!
- In Virginia for Thanksgiving
- Lincoln and ‘Acoustic Pals’ Live in 1992!
- The Poodles, Live in 1986!
- Back on Track with The Lynn Morris Band on October 31st, 1992
- Hear New IBMA Hall of Famer Lynn Morris on Hallowe’en 1992
- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Whaddaya Know? We've Been Pre-empted!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- It's the Eighth of January!
- Lincoln and 'Acoustic Pals' Live in 1992!
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- WHRB Updates Web Streaming
- Willie, John T, and Me
Category Archives: Follow-ups
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The metal reel on Revox tape recorder looks perturbed, but I prefer to think it’s singing. The slow-moving (3 3/4 ips) reels are regaling me with music from 1989 (two hours of The Down Home … Continue reading
This Saturday is the day after Christmas, but we can’t let a year go by without keeping the tradition of our Christmas Extravaganzas alive. So we’ve got one for you: a rebroadcast of the Extravaganza from December 22, 2012! Plenty … Continue reading
The Harvard Gazette is “the official news website for Harvard University,” and seems to be updated more-or-less daily. The May 4th issue featured a story by Jon Chase on WHRB staying on the air (‘WHRB keeps classical connections’), despite the … Continue reading
Once again, another amazing festival produced and hosted by the Boston Bluegrass Union! Dr Janie and I got to a fair amount of the shows, but of course there was lots more going on that we didn’t see: workshops, jams, … Continue reading
NOTE: For higher-resolution versions of the photographs, go to Flickr, HERE. (They won’t be super high, because with my Rebel T2i-Tamron 18-270 combination, I still needed to shoot at 3200 ISO, but they will be better than the ones that … Continue reading
(16Dec) Yep, it was 3º F on the river in Saxonville this morning. Although the storm tomorrow is supposed to change from snow to rain and warmer temps during the day, I’ll try to remember to play “The Montreal Express”—see … Continue reading
[Continued from Part I, HERE] Saturday evening, following Steve Gulley and New Pinnacle, the ladies of Sister Sadie unleashed some powerful and poignant vocals in the main hall. This is a an all star band that features two very different … Continue reading
Once again the Boston Bluegrass Union pulled off another flawlessly-executed (at least as far as we spectators could tell, and that’s what counts!) Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, Presidents’ Day weekend at the Sheraton in Framingham. At least this year there … Continue reading
As a follow-up to the two posts on Tex Logan, HERE and HERE, this from Gordy Brown— What better way to wish you a Merry Christmas. Tex performs his composition. He is an Inductee to our MCMAA [Massachusetts Country Music … Continue reading