Top Posts & Pages
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- It's Opening Day—Time for "The Red Sox Song"!
- Another Excellent Joe Val Festival!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Off 29Aug and 5Sep, but We Have a Surprise—Ol' Sinc!
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- Terry Eagan Presents His 18th Annual Healing Garden Music Fest
- Crescent Moon and Morning Star
Monthly Archives: December 2013
Every year on the Hillbilly at Harvard Christmas Extravaganza, we close the show with three records: The Stanley Brothers’ “Beautiful Star of Bethlehem,” Elvis Presley’s “Blue Christmas,” and (as a special closing theme) The Moms and Dads’ instrumental version … Continue reading
Another country legend bites the dust. Could we have imagined losing George Jones and Ray Price in the same year? (Not to mention Cowboy Jack Clement and Tompall Glaser.) Larry Flint has offered to help with a tribute; this week … Continue reading
Sheila Selby downloaded this and brought it in a couple of Saturdays ago. The song is “Good Old Down Home Country Chanukah,” from Lauren Mayer: It’s from the album Latkes, Schmatkes! Amazon has it here.
From Larry Flint (busily returning ‘sourmash’ to its two-word origin. . .): Once again the Season ‘tis upon us like a lion on a wildebeest, so there’s no time to tarry. . . Please come help us perpetuate in his … Continue reading
The Met began its Saturday-afternoon broadcast season on December 7th, with a 12:30 PM Rigoletto. But happily, most of the Broadcast Met Oprys are starting at 1:00 PM this season, which means we’ll get in almost all of our scheduled … Continue reading
Rick and his band The Bayou Boys held forth here in the northeast for the better part of two decades, and recorded two albums for John Penny’s Belmont Records label. Rick Robinson’s roots were in New Hampshire, but he moved … Continue reading