- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Bluegrass and Cajun at the Lowell Folk Festival
Top Posts & Pages
- Pickin' on Ninnies
- David Johnson, Author of Stanley Brothers Biography, Coming to HAH on the 26th
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Country Calendar
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- Vince Gill and Patty Loveless Sing at George Jones's Funeral
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- Joe Val Festival News!
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- Another Songwriter Gone: Guy Clark (1941–2016)
Monthly Archives: December 2013
Every year on the Hillbilly at Harvard Christmas Extravaganza, we close the show with three records: The Stanley Brothers’ “Beautiful Star of Bethlehem,” Elvis Presley’s “Blue Christmas,” and (as a special closing theme) The Moms and Dads’ instrumental version … Continue reading
Another country legend bites the dust. Could we have imagined losing George Jones and Ray Price in the same year? (Not to mention Cowboy Jack Clement and Tompall Glaser.) Larry Flint has offered to help with a tribute; this week … Continue reading
Sheila Selby downloaded this and brought it in a couple of Saturdays ago. The song is “Good Old Down Home Country Chanukah,” from Lauren Mayer: It’s from the album Latkes, Schmatkes! Amazon has it here.
From Larry Flint (busily returning ‘sourmash’ to its two-word origin. . .): Once again the Season ‘tis upon us like a lion on a wildebeest, so there’s no time to tarry. . . Please come help us perpetuate in his … Continue reading
The Met began its Saturday-afternoon broadcast season on December 7th, with a 12:30 PM Rigoletto. But happily, most of the Broadcast Met Oprys are starting at 1:00 PM this season, which means we’ll get in almost all of our scheduled … Continue reading
Rick and his band The Bayou Boys held forth here in the northeast for the better part of two decades, and recorded two albums for John Penny’s Belmont Records label. Rick Robinson’s roots were in New Hampshire, but he moved … Continue reading