December 2019 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Country Calendar
I’m in Powhatan, Virginia, with daughter Sarah and family this week; Sarah and husband James are dual-handedly building a new house in the woods. Here is the view of distant maple blossoms from the back of the house, on the … Continue reading
Far and away the major winter bluegrass event in this part of the country, and maybe in the whole country (as Alex MacLeod of Rock Hearts corrected on the show back on the 26th), it’s time again for The Joe … Continue reading
I had heard the name, but knew nothing of the band when Tony Watt asked if I’d like to have them on live. They are scheduled to appear at the Joe Val Festival this year, so I said, sure, if … Continue reading
It’s at the Sheraton in Framingham, it’s taking over a good portion (but not all) of the hotel for a weekend, but it’s not a festival. So what is it? It’s JamVember, a “Boston’s bluegrass Jamming non-festival.” The neologism is … Continue reading
Just a few miles west on Route 9 from our home on the river in Saxonville, at the junction with the Mass Pike, is the hotel our kids used to call ‘The Castle’, the Sheraton in Framingham. And fortunately for … Continue reading
That’s right, fiddler and singer Becky Buller and her hot-pickin’ band will be at the former National Heritage Museum (now the unmemorably-named Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library) this Saturday, January 20th, sponsored of course by the Boston Bluegrass Union. … Continue reading
If you were listening this past Saturday (the 9th), you’d have heard Ruth Rappaport and son Ben Wetherbee tearin’ up Studio BC with some fine fiddle tunes and songs. It was a lot of fun, and since they were nice … Continue reading
[UPDATE 2: Now rescheduled for April 9th, 1-6 PM.] [UPDATE: As most know, the snowstorm last Sunday caused most concerts to be cancelled. Says Larry: “This event will be rescheduled on a Sunday in April with the hope of much … Continue reading
Boston-area favorites The Gibson Brothers will be at the Boston Bluegrass Union‘s regular venue in Lexington on the 21st. The BBU still calls it the National Heritage Museum, though it is now the Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library, which … Continue reading