- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Bluegrass and Cajun at the Lowell Folk Festival
Top Posts & Pages
- Pickin' on Ninnies
- David Johnson, Author of Stanley Brothers Biography, Coming to HAH on the 26th
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Country Calendar
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- Vince Gill and Patty Loveless Sing at George Jones's Funeral
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- Joe Val Festival News!
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- Another Songwriter Gone: Guy Clark (1941–2016)
Category Archives: Administrivia
I’m in Powhatan, Virginia, with daughter Sarah and family this week; Sarah and husband James are dual-handedly building a new house in the woods. Here is the view of distant maple blossoms from the back of the house, on the … Continue reading
The Metropolitan Opera broadcast season begins December 1st. Again this year there are seven Saturdays starting earlier than 1:00 PM. In all cases we subtract about 15 minutes from the Met starting time for WHRB’s Prelude to the Met. Fans … Continue reading
This year the Sports Department has elected to dispense with their customary Pre-game shows, so they won’t be taking as much time away from HAH. And there are three Friday games, plus two 1:30 Saturday games, so only five games … Continue reading
Here’s new information about the streaming Web addresses for the WHRB Internet stream. If you just go to WHRB.org, and click on the Listen button, you won’t need to do anything else. But if you are using an application like … Continue reading
The Metropolitan Opera broadcast season begins December 2nd. This year there are seven Saturdays starting earlier than 1:00 PM. In all cases we subtract about 15 minutes from the Met starting time for David Elliott‘s Prelude to the Met. Fans … Continue reading
Every fall Harvard Football cuts into some Hillbilly shows. The Pre-Game Show is usually a half-hour before game time (except for the Yale game, which is an hour). This year HAH will be curtailed at 11:30 AM for a record … Continue reading
Last Sunday, after a visit with two old friends on a sunny afternoon at Castle Island Park, we came home and I switched from shorts to jeans. It was an ordinary evening, of catching up with email and the blogs/websites … Continue reading
UPDATE (19May17)—or maybe it’s a ‘Downdate’: We’re back from Wisconsin, but I’m down with a nasty cold (are there other kinds?) that seems to be devolving into bronchitis. So you’ll be treated to four full hours of pre-recorded HAH tomorrow. … Continue reading
The Metropolitan Opera broadcast season begins December 3rd. There are only four Saturdays (including the first one) with an earlier start (12:30 PM). So HAH will be mostly curtailed by only about 15 minutes for David Elliott‘s Prelude to the … Continue reading
Here’s the Harvard football schedule for 2016. I list the Pregame show airtimes because that’s when WHRB’s invaluable coverage begins, and, in just five cases this year, when Hillbilly at Harvard will end. We lose only half an hour on … Continue reading