- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
- That’s Good, That’s Bad
- Tom Russell Pays a Visit in 1988
- Visit with the Legendary Howard Armstrong in 1997
- Boston City Limits with Chris Jones, in 1988
- Frank Dudgeon Rides in for The Last Roundup
- OId Devils Dream. . . of 1986
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- It's the Eighth of January!
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Willie, John T, and Me
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Why No Spinitron?
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
Category Archives: Program Notes
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Tomorrow (Saturday, October 23rd) we jump ten years from our previous Hillbilly at Harvard Archive to April 15th, 2000, featuring The Tarbox Rambers. The Tarbox Ramblers had been playing a club called the Green Street … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I hate starting a paragraph with “As I . . .” but, as I mentioned in the introductory announcement to tomorrow’s HAH Archive, After just archiving half of a show from 1990 with two live … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was July 21st, 1990. Sinc and I were both in town, and so were Peter Keane and Barry & Holly Tashian. Pete (a WHRB member) knew sumptuous Studio A well, as he and Elijah … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was November 8th, 1986, back in the WHRB studios under Sanders Theater in Memorial Hall, and I was having trouble with Left Turntable during The Down Home Show. One channel was not broadcasting. This … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The weekend of September 12, 1998, featured a Folk Festival in downtown Boston, sponsored I think by WUMB. There were several artists of interest to HAH listeners, e.g. J.D. Crowe, and the fabulous Freight Hoppers, … Continue reading
Good news: The Powers That Be at Harvard are opening up WHRB to renegades like me. Bad news: The same Powers have decreed that everyone inside the building must wear a face mask at all times. That means even people … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Time is short, so I’ll just quote from my introductory announcement for this Saturday’s Archival Production of Hillbilly at Harvard: Today we’re going back in time to January 18, 1997. There’s a note on the … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It’s Friday night, and I just remembered I forgot to post a notice about this Archival Show. So here’s what I say in the introduction: Today we’re going back in time to February 6th, 1988. … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Looking at the tapes from 1986, I noticed one with friend and colleague Frank Dudgeon. Turns out that on August 23rd, Old Sinc was on one of his annual treks to Saratoga for the races, … Continue reading