- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Bluegrass and Cajun at the Lowell Folk Festival
- Southern Rail in Framingham
- Talkin’ about Trains
Top Posts & Pages
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- No Particular Place to Go
- Hits and Misses 5
- 2018 Joe Val Festival: IIIrd Tyme Out, David Davis, and more!
- Country Calendar
- Why No Spinitron?
- Chuck McDermott & Wheatstraw Reunion! At Johnny D's June 7th
- "A Good Voice and a Clean Suit"—Slim Whitman Dies
Category Archives: HA’pennings
It’s at the Sheraton in Framingham, it’s taking over a good portion (but not all) of the hotel for a weekend, but it’s not a festival. So what is it? It’s JamVember, a “Boston’s bluegrass Jamming non-festival.” The neologism is … Continue reading
That’s right, fiddler and singer Becky Buller and her hot-pickin’ band will be at the former National Heritage Museum (now the unmemorably-named Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library) this Saturday, January 20th, sponsored of course by the Boston Bluegrass Union. … Continue reading
Woody Guthrie reportedly left some 3,000 manuscript songs behind, most if not all lyrics without a hint of melody. Back in the ’30s and ’40s there were no smart phones, tape recorders, and precious few wire recorders. Radio stations had … Continue reading
The delightful Claire Lynch Band is returning to the area this Saturday, at the Boston Bluegrass Union’s regular venue in Lexington, the former National Heritage Museum, now the ‘Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library’. From the BBU website: Claire … Continue reading
Last Friday evening (11Mar16) I opened a brightly-colored mailer that had come in to WHRB the previous Saturday, to find a CD and a note from fiddler Matt Brown. He said that he and guitarist Greg Reish were going to … Continue reading
That’s from Laurie Lewis’s website. I looked because the Boston Bluegrass Union has been ambiguous about the name of the band. Laurie’s regulars are The Right Hands. Gerry Katz in his email promotion called this different aggregation, with typical whimsy, … Continue reading
From Larry Flint— Here we are again into December, with Friday December 4 marking the 5 year anniversary of the passing of someone that we all knew and loved, John Lincoln Wright In John’s honor we are planning another Memorial Christmas … Continue reading
Eden MacAdam Somer and Larry Unger perform as a duo (or sometimes with additional artists as a trio or quartet), styling themselves ‘Notorious’, though as far as I know they have committed no misdeeds—unless appearing on Hillbilly at Harvard this … Continue reading
The Wisewater trio (identifed as a duo on their website home page—needs updating!) will be making a return appearance on Hillbilly at Harvard this Saturday (24 October), between 10 and 11 AM (short show: off for football at 11:30) and … Continue reading
Old friend Bruce Millard (Hokum’s Heroes) has put together a new band focusing on music of The Carter Family. They’re playing at Club Passim Thursday, 6Aug15. Bruce will be bringing some members of the band to HAH this Saturday (1Aug15), … Continue reading