December 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Whaddaya Know? We’ve Been Pre-empted!
- In Virginia for Thanksgiving
- Lincoln and ‘Acoustic Pals’ Live in 1992!
- The Poodles, Live in 1986!
- Back on Track with The Lynn Morris Band on October 31st, 1992
- Hear New IBMA Hall of Famer Lynn Morris on Hallowe’en 1992
- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Whaddaya Know? We've Been Pre-empted!
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" (Now Available!)
- The 2018 Joe Val Festival
- Willie, John T, and Me
Category Archives: HA’pennings
Just received this email from Candi Sawyer: We had to cancel the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival two years in a row due to the pandemic so we are thrilled to be able to present the Jenny Brook MiniFest October 8-10, … Continue reading
Last Presidents’ Day Weekend (2020) in mid-February, the annual Joe Val Festival went off without a hitch. See HERE for lots of photos I took, along with some (relatively spare) commentary. Now here we are back in February, and no … Continue reading
Just realized I hadn’t previewed The Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, February 14th, 15th, and 16th, my favorite—and only partly because it’s right in my backyard. Well, almost; we’re on the river in Saxonville, but only about 10 minutes drive west … Continue reading
It’s at the Sheraton in Framingham, it’s taking over a good portion (but not all) of the hotel for a weekend, but it’s not a festival. So what is it? It’s JamVember, a “Boston’s bluegrass Jamming non-festival.” The neologism is … Continue reading
That’s right, fiddler and singer Becky Buller and her hot-pickin’ band will be at the former National Heritage Museum (now the unmemorably-named Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library) this Saturday, January 20th, sponsored of course by the Boston Bluegrass Union. … Continue reading
Woody Guthrie reportedly left some 3,000 manuscript songs behind, most if not all lyrics without a hint of melody. Back in the ’30s and ’40s there were no smart phones, tape recorders, and precious few wire recorders. Radio stations had … Continue reading
The delightful Claire Lynch Band is returning to the area this Saturday, at the Boston Bluegrass Union’s regular venue in Lexington, the former National Heritage Museum, now the ‘Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library’. From the BBU website: Claire … Continue reading
Last Friday evening (11Mar16) I opened a brightly-colored mailer that had come in to WHRB the previous Saturday, to find a CD and a note from fiddler Matt Brown. He said that he and guitarist Greg Reish were going to … Continue reading
That’s from Laurie Lewis’s website. I looked because the Boston Bluegrass Union has been ambiguous about the name of the band. Laurie’s regulars are The Right Hands. Gerry Katz in his email promotion called this different aggregation, with typical whimsy, … Continue reading
From Larry Flint— Here we are again into December, with Friday December 4 marking the 5 year anniversary of the passing of someone that we all knew and loved, John Lincoln Wright In John’s honor we are planning another Memorial Christmas … Continue reading