- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
- Update from the Road
- Home-Brewed, Archived, Pre-empted
- Hillbilly Home Recordings Continue. . .
- More Hillbilly Home Recordings. . .
- Hillbilly Home Recordings (HHR) is on the Air
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Gordy Brown
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD “Hillbilly Central.” That’s what Sinc called it, in Studio B with Tish Hinojosa, as Jim Rooney was waving goodbye, Tom Pittman of the Austin Lounge Lizards had dropped by to say hello (the Lizards were … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It’s Friday night, and I just remembered I forgot to post a notice about this Archival Show. So here’s what I say in the introduction: Today we’re going back in time to February 6th, 1988. … Continue reading
Twenty-one years ago, March 25th, 2000, John Lincoln Wright convinced his long-time friend, rock singer Peter Wolf, to bring down some of his favorite country records to Hillbilly at Harvard. Pete was a regular listener, and as we discovered, as … Continue reading
I just learned, from an obituary in The Boston Broadside, that Gordy Brown died on December 11th. On December 3rd I had gotten one of Gordy’s frequent mailings to his e-list, this one a forward of a link to videos … Continue reading
When I heard that Jean Shepard had died, the first thing I thought about was Pete the Cab Driver, as we knew him. Miss Shepard was Pete Schindler‘s favorite singer, and the last time I heard from him he called … Continue reading
The long-named and long-lived (since 1979) Massachusetts Country Music Awards Association has fallen upon hard times, failing to mount its traditional splashy Awards Show and its holiday jamborees this fall. Although focused on South Shore bands and performers (where, after … Continue reading
As a follow-up to the two posts on Tex Logan, HERE and HERE, this from Gordy Brown— What better way to wish you a Merry Christmas. Tex performs his composition. He is an Inductee to our MCMAA [Massachusetts Country Music … Continue reading
Gordy Brown is an old friend of Hillbilly at Harvard, and has done enormous service to country music in the region as historian and keeper of memorabilia with his New England Country Music Historical Society (now defunct). But I’ve had … Continue reading