December 2019 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: IBMA
That’s right, fiddler and singer Becky Buller and her hot-pickin’ band will be at the former National Heritage Museum (now the unmemorably-named Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library) this Saturday, January 20th, sponsored of course by the Boston Bluegrass Union. … Continue reading
Got home Saturday evening (we were out minding four grandkids) to sit down at the iMac and see this sad news from Jim Rooney: Dear Friends, My long-time dear friend and musical partner Bill Keith left us on Thursday, Oct. … Continue reading
[Part 1 is HERE. Part 2 is HERE.] I awoke Friday morning to bright sunshine in Raleigh; Dr Janie had gone out for a walk, and returned bearing coffee and a muffin from The Carolina Kitchen. She had checked to … Continue reading
[Note: Part 1 is HERE. Part 3 is HERE.] Winning a Distinguished Achievement Award got Dr Janie and me tickets to the Thursday evening 25th Annual International Bluegrass Music Awards. Indeed, as VIPs (Virtually Invisible Personages?), upon entering the grounds … Continue reading
From the International Bluegrass Music Association! I have been remiss in not posting a note about “Hillbilly at Harvard” winning a Distinguished Achievement Award from the IBMA. And we’re not even a bluegrass show! It’s of course a considerable honor, … Continue reading