March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
- WHRB 95.3FM – Live Internet Stream for HAH HAH’s Home for Lo These Many Decades
My other hats. . .
- Walking Creek World Follow Cousin Lynn down The Walking Creek. . .
Tag Archives: Del McCoury
After 50 Years, the Second Stanley Brother Leaves Us
I have been reading one memorial after another, eulogies, tributes, encomia, to and for Ralph Stanley. Most of them focus on his voice (click on the links for the full articles): “You don’t replace a Ralph Stanley,” said Eric … Continue reading
Posted in Bluegrass, Country News, Old-Timey, Radio Talk Tagged Buddy Miller, Carter Stanley, Charlie Sizemore, Coen Brothers, David Rawlings, Del McCoury, Dierks Bentley, Eric Gibson, George Jones, Gillian Welch, Grand Ole Opry, James King, Jerry Carcia, Jim Lauderdale, Kyle Young, Larry Sparks, Oh Brother Where Art Thou?, Primitive Baptist, Ralph Stanley, Ralph Stanley II, Roy Lee Centers, Steve Morse, The Grateful Dead, The Stanley Brothers 1 Comment
HA’ppenings: Del Resurrects Woody!
Woody Guthrie reportedly left some 3,000 manuscript songs behind, most if not all lyrics without a hint of melody. Back in the ’30s and ’40s there were no smart phones, tape recorders, and precious few wire recorders. Radio stations had … Continue reading
2015 Joe Val Festival News
From the Boston Bluegrass Union website: 2015 Joe Val Update: Sheraton hotel rooms sold out within 1-2 minutes. However, there are rooms available at our overflow hotels only a few minutes away. Weekend tickets are now on sale. … Continue reading
Posted in Bluegrass, Country Calendar Tagged Bluegrass Gospel Project, Bob Amos and Catamount Crossing, Boston Bluegrass Union, Del McCoury, Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen, Joe Val Festival, Laurie Lewis and the Right Hands, Rhonda Vincent, Seldom Scene, The Kathy Kallick Band, The Roland White Band, Town Mountain, Vern and Ray Leave a comment