- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- HA'ppenings: Terry Eagan's 19th Annual Greater Waltham Healing Garden Music Fest
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- No Second Fiddle: Jean Shepard, 1933-2016
- No Particular Place to Go
- Don't Clap—Throw Money (or Rather, Buy Time!)
- Howdy Old Soldiers!
- Another Great Joe Val Festival!—Part I
- "A Good Voice and a Clean Suit"—Slim Whitman Dies
Tag Archives: Del McCoury
I have been reading one memorial after another, eulogies, tributes, encomia, to and for Ralph Stanley. Most of them focus on his voice (click on the links for the full articles): “You don’t replace a Ralph Stanley,” said Eric … Continue reading
Woody Guthrie reportedly left some 3,000 manuscript songs behind, most if not all lyrics without a hint of melody. Back in the ’30s and ’40s there were no smart phones, tape recorders, and precious few wire recorders. Radio stations had … Continue reading