July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- For Met Fans—More Operas!
- Harvard Gazette Highlights WHRB
- Photos from the 2020 Joe Val Festival
- WHRB and HAH Are Still on the Air
- Coming Up: The Joe Val Festival for 2020!
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
Top Posts & Pages
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Vince Gill and Patty Loveless Sing at George Jones's Funeral
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part I
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- Hall of Fame Induction Show Sunday, January 31st
- Phil Everly (1939–2014)
- Harvard Gazette Highlights WHRB
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
Category Archives: HA’pennings
Old friend Bruce Millard (Hokum’s Heroes) has put together a new band focusing on music of The Carter Family. They’re playing at Club Passim Thursday, 6Aug15. Bruce will be bringing some members of the band to HAH this Saturday (1Aug15), … Continue reading
Received this note from Ken Irwin (co-founder of Rounder Records) Thursday to WZBC’s Cousin Kate and me with news about a film documentary on Eric Gibson‘s son Kelley (Eric is of course half of The Gibson Brothers): Dear Friends, My … Continue reading
Here’s the flyer for this remarkable annual event, one of several over the years, and the 19th in Waltham, aimed at raising funds for Healing Gardens in hospitals. It began with Waltham Hospital, where the first Healing Garden was named … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the Boston Bluegrass Union: BBU Presents Dale Ann Bradley in concert, Saturday, April 25th, Lexington, MA Greetings from the BBU – We’re pleased to present the Dale Ann Bradley Band along with Laura Orshaw and the … Continue reading
I had never heard of Wisewater until I received an email from Kate Lee about promoting their upcoming area gigs on WHRB. Kate described Wisewater as a “Nashville, TN-based contemporary folk trio”, at which point I was ready to turn … Continue reading
From the BBU website: Jam’n Coming Your Way! The Boston Bluegrass Union is pleased to present Spring Jam’n Weekend 2015 April 10-12, 2015 at the historic Colonial Inn in Concord,MA. Jam all weekend long or attend instructor-led jams and free … Continue reading
Back on Wednesday (18Mar) I got an email from Ken Irwin at Rounder reminding me that The Gibson Brothers are appearing at Johnny D’s on this coming Wednesday, the 25th. But I neglected to print it out, so it didn’t … Continue reading
Michelle Canning will be in the HAH studio this Saturday, the 14th. Michelle is an award-winning banjo player and singer, leader of the band Michelle Canning and Rough Edges. But there’s nothing rough about their edges. From their bio: A … Continue reading
I recently received a copy of Clifford R. Murphy‘s work on New England country-and-western music (both kinds—Cliff insists, correctly, that the ‘western’ component was a big part of New England country music, at least until local performances on radio disappeared … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the Boston Bluegrass Union: An Evening with the Gibson Brothers, Saturday, January 10th at the National Heritage Museum, Lexington, MA We love these guys, and hope you’ll join us on January 10th as the Gibson Brothers … Continue reading