January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Boston Bluegrass Union
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It’s October 24th, 1992. The Boston Bluegrass Union is bringing in Kate MacKenzie and her band Stoney Lonesome from the Twin Cities, to play at the First Church Congregational, on the corner of Garden and … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The Boston Bluegrass Union was celebrating its 25th Anniversary, and for the occasion was hosting a concert at the (then named) Museum of Our National Heritage in Lexington, with a group they called the Southern … Continue reading
From the Boston Bluegrass Union: Bluegrass Breakdown September 9th, 2021 Joe Val 2022 Postponed Due to COVID-19 Greeting to all friends of the Joe Val Bluegrass Festival. Much has changed since we were all together in February of 2020. The Sheraton … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD 1961: The Lilly Brothers, Everett and B, with Don Stover, play a concert in Lowell House at Harvard College. Everett, who usually plays mandolin, picks up the fiddle and wows the audience with a fiery … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I long remembered there was a time when Delia Bell and Bill Grant had played live on Hillbilly at Harvard. I was entranced by Bill’s performance of Merle Haggard’s “I’ll Break Out Again Tonight,” so … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD This Saturday (May 15th) travel back with us to April 16, 2005, and a memorable Hillbilly at Harvard. Peter Rowan was back in town, opening for Ralph Stanley at Sanders Theatre at Harvard, with Peter’s … Continue reading
Last Presidents’ Day Weekend (2020) in mid-February, the annual Joe Val Festival went off without a hitch. See HERE for lots of photos I took, along with some (relatively spare) commentary. Now here we are back in February, and no … Continue reading
Just realized I hadn’t previewed The Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, February 14th, 15th, and 16th, my favorite—and only partly because it’s right in my backyard. Well, almost; we’re on the river in Saxonville, but only about 10 minutes drive west … Continue reading
Once again, another amazing festival produced and hosted by the Boston Bluegrass Union! Dr Janie and I got to a fair amount of the shows, but of course there was lots more going on that we didn’t see: workshops, jams, … Continue reading