- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
- That’s Good, That’s Bad
- Tom Russell Pays a Visit in 1988
- Visit with the Legendary Howard Armstrong in 1997
- Boston City Limits with Chris Jones, in 1988
- Frank Dudgeon Rides in for The Last Roundup
- OId Devils Dream. . . of 1986
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- It's the Eighth of January!
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Willie, John T, and Me
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Why No Spinitron?
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
Monthly Archives: September 2021
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was July 21st, 1990. Sinc and I were both in town, and so were Peter Keane and Barry & Holly Tashian. Pete (a WHRB member) knew sumptuous Studio A well, as he and Elijah … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD To quote myself, That’s right, it’s 1999, and we’ve got Boston natives the Dave Foley Band in the third hour, and rising star from Kansas City, Mike Ireland in the fourth hour. We’ve got only … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was November 8th, 1986, back in the WHRB studios under Sanders Theater in Memorial Hall, and I was having trouble with Left Turntable during The Down Home Show. One channel was not broadcasting. This … Continue reading
Just received this email from Candi Sawyer: We had to cancel the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival two years in a row due to the pandemic so we are thrilled to be able to present the Jenny Brook MiniFest October 8-10, … Continue reading
From the Boston Bluegrass Union: Bluegrass Breakdown September 9th, 2021 Joe Val 2022 Postponed Due to COVID-19 Greeting to all friends of the Joe Val Bluegrass Festival. Much has changed since we were all together in February of 2020. The Sheraton … Continue reading
Coincidentally, the 20th year since the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001, falls on a Saturday (I won’t call it an ‘anniversary’, because it’s an occasion for remembrance, not celebration). Usually on the annual Saturday closest to the 11th, I … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The weekend of September 12, 1998, featured a Folk Festival in downtown Boston, sponsored I think by WUMB. There were several artists of interest to HAH listeners, e.g. J.D. Crowe, and the fabulous Freight Hoppers, … Continue reading