- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: November 2015
Eden MacAdam Somer and Larry Unger perform as a duo (or sometimes with additional artists as a trio or quartet), styling themselves ‘Notorious’, though as far as I know they have committed no misdeeds—unless appearing on Hillbilly at Harvard this … Continue reading
A young organization in Austin, Texas, the Ameripolitan Music Awards, now in its third year, is endeavoring to distinguish the growing rennaisance of traditional country music from the pop ‘bro-country’ on the big radio stations, on the one hand, and … Continue reading
Almost two years ago I posted an article about the history of a hymn we have played on the Hillbilly at Harvard Christmas Extravangaza for years and years: The Stanley Brothers‘ recording on King Records of “Beautiful Star of Bethlehem”; … Continue reading
When we have to advance the clocks an hour for Daylight Saving Time, and then when we retract them to Standard Time, on Hillbilly at Harvard we always play Grandpa Jones‘s comical lament for “Daylight Saving Time.” But somehow I … Continue reading