Top Posts & Pages
- Rare Stanley Brothers Radio Transcription—You Can Help Save It!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- After 50 Years, the Second Stanley Brother Leaves Us
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Off 29Aug and 5Sep, but We Have a Surprise—Ol' Sinc!
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part I
Monthly Archives: November 2015
Eden MacAdam Somer and Larry Unger perform as a duo (or sometimes with additional artists as a trio or quartet), styling themselves ‘Notorious’, though as far as I know they have committed no misdeeds—unless appearing on Hillbilly at Harvard this … Continue reading
A young organization in Austin, Texas, the Ameripolitan Music Awards, now in its third year, is endeavoring to distinguish the growing rennaisance of traditional country music from the pop ‘bro-country’ on the big radio stations, on the one hand, and … Continue reading
Almost two years ago I posted an article about the history of a hymn we have played on the Hillbilly at Harvard Christmas Extravangaza for years and years: The Stanley Brothers‘ recording on King Records of “Beautiful Star of Bethlehem”; … Continue reading
When we have to advance the clocks an hour for Daylight Saving Time, and then when we retract them to Standard Time, on Hillbilly at Harvard we always play Grandpa Jones‘s comical lament for “Daylight Saving Time.” But somehow I … Continue reading