- For Met Fans—More Operas!
- Harvard Gazette Highlights WHRB
- Photos from the 2020 Joe Val Festival
- WHRB and HAH Are Still on the Air
- Coming Up: The Joe Val Festival for 2020!
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
Top Posts & Pages
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Vince Gill and Patty Loveless Sing at George Jones's Funeral
- Cow Island Signs Big Sandy
- Chuck McDermott & Wheatstraw Reunion! At Johnny D's June 7th
- Cowboy Jack Clement Dies at 82
- David Johnson, Author of Stanley Brothers Biography, Coming to HAH on the 26th
- Cookie-Cutter Country?
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part I
Tag Archives: John Lincoln Wright
I have been remiss in not acknowledging the life and work of Don Williams, who died in September. Don had literally dozens of hits on the country charts in the 1970s and early ’80s, many of which crossed over onto … Continue reading
[UPDATE 2: Now rescheduled for April 9th, 1-6 PM.] [UPDATE: As most know, the snowstorm last Sunday caused most concerts to be cancelled. Says Larry: “This event will be rescheduled on a Sunday in April with the hope of much … Continue reading
“I look for songs in the world around me”—Merle Haggard I’ve been taking Merle Haggard for granted, for too long. And suddenly, he’s gone. Merle has been a part of my life since the ’60s, so much a fixture that … Continue reading
We’re off to visit daughter Sarah and family, taking Amtrak Northeast Regional No. 93 Monday morning, and returning Tuesday the 15th on NER No. 174. This time I decided to try Business Class, for the alleged greater legroom between seats … Continue reading
From Larry Flint— Here we are again into December, with Friday December 4 marking the 5 year anniversary of the passing of someone that we all knew and loved, John Lincoln Wright In John’s honor we are planning another Memorial Christmas … Continue reading
John Lincoln Wright was to my mind the best country singer to come out of New England, except for Dick Curless, and undoubtedly the best songwriter. He was also a terrific band leader and stage presence (though to my knowledge … Continue reading
Yes, we should be playing it tomorrow (the 5th). The Red Sox lost their first game today, but it was a day of much ceremony and significance (with remembrances of the two firemen who died just a few days ago … Continue reading
Rick and his band The Bayou Boys held forth here in the northeast for the better part of two decades, and recorded two albums for John Penny’s Belmont Records label. Rick Robinson’s roots were in New Hampshire, but he moved … Continue reading