January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: Radio Talk
Nor Old 97, either (read on). It’s been a bit of rough week, what with a touch of the CCP Virus on top of dental surgery (preparation for a couple of implants, which has left me with a sore mouth … Continue reading
REMEMBER PART 2, SATURDAY THE 24TH AT 9AM! ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD By 1989 the Christmas Extravaganza was an established tradition for Hillbilly at Harvard, featuring “four hours of the very best, and the very worst, of country Christmas … Continue reading
Just Tuesday this week I learned that HAH was going to be preempted for the next three Saturdays, for WHRB’s semi-annual Orgy® Period. However, Orgy® Director Ezra was kindly able to rearrange the schedule so we’ll just lose this one … Continue reading
If there is a better name for an old-timey music town than Paw Paw, West Virginia, I don’t know what it is. And that’s where The Critton Hollow String Band are from. Their core founders are Joe and Sam Herrmann, … Continue reading
I’m told WHRB has had “Ethernet problems” since Thursday. But they’re “working on it.” FM in Boston is working, at any rate. /CL
Well, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here. After we got back from our southern trip, I settled down to recording ‘Home-Brewed’ HAH hours for our current two-hour shows, amidst various family activities, so not much to report. I’m … Continue reading
As I type this. Kevin got it on the air in good time this morning, and it actually sounds better than it did here on my iMac—I expect the FM compression actually helps balance the levels. Listening to Michael Cleveland … Continue reading
Two weeks pre-emption over, and we’re back home on the river in Saxonville! And HAH is back on the air! Tune in! I think I heard my name!
Just in case you missed my earlier note, HAH is pre-empted by two Orgies®, someone named Billy Bragg this Saturday (May 7th), and part of a mammoth Schubert Orgy® next Saturday (the 14th). After that I presume we’ll be back … Continue reading
I’m continuing tomorrow with the current spate of home-brewed Hillbilly Home Recordings, two-hour shows that I’m recording here at home. Listeners tell me they don’t sound too awful, and I am getting better at manipulating this little mixer. Next week, … Continue reading