January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: David Elliott
Long-time listeners to Hillbilly at Harvard (HAH) will know how we have preserved older styles of music broadcasting, especially ‘top 40’ radio, with breaks after every song, and also our custom to begin and end the program on time, to … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD They were all on Hillbilly at Harvard! Ranch Romance and The Austin Lounge Lizards performed live in 1994. Claire Lynch didn’t show up until 2010, for what we call a ‘chin-and-spin’, to promote a show … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD 1961: The Lilly Brothers, Everett and B, with Don Stover, play a concert in Lowell House at Harvard College. Everett, who usually plays mandolin, picks up the fiddle and wows the audience with a fiery … Continue reading
GET UP EARLY IF YOU WANT TO HEAR RHONDA! I’ve put together a little collage of Hillbilly at Harvard history, which (if all goes as I planned) should air this coming Saturday, May 1, 2021. That’s right, May Day—International Layabouts … Continue reading
Ol’ Sinc recorded a couple of Generic Hours with me back around 2000. After he died I didn’t use them, but some 15 years later, when I was going to miss two Saturdays in a row, I ran them (announced … Continue reading
Last Friday brought this news from Jon Lehrich, Chairman of WHRB’s Board of Trustees: Friends: I am writing to share the sad news that David Elliott passed away last night, after a long battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). David … Continue reading
Once again we make room for the Saturday afternoon Metropolitan Opera radio broadcasts, in the Boston area exclusively on WHRB. All but three of the broadcasts start at 1:00 PM, with HAH ending about 15 minutes early for the Prelude … Continue reading
The Metropolitan Opera broadcast season begins December 1st. Again this year there are seven Saturdays starting earlier than 1:00 PM. In all cases we subtract about 15 minutes from the Met starting time for WHRB’s Prelude to the Met. Fans … Continue reading
The Metropolitan Opera broadcast season begins December 2nd. This year there are seven Saturdays starting earlier than 1:00 PM. In all cases we subtract about 15 minutes from the Met starting time for David Elliott‘s Prelude to the Met. Fans … Continue reading
The Metropolitan Opera broadcast season begins December 3rd. There are only four Saturdays (including the first one) with an earlier start (12:30 PM). So HAH will be mostly curtailed by only about 15 minutes for David Elliott‘s Prelude to the … Continue reading