- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
- That’s Good, That’s Bad
- Tom Russell Pays a Visit in 1988
- Visit with the Legendary Howard Armstrong in 1997
- Boston City Limits with Chris Jones, in 1988
- Frank Dudgeon Rides in for The Last Roundup
- OId Devils Dream. . . of 1986
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- It's the Eighth of January!
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Willie, John T, and Me
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Why No Spinitron?
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
Monthly Archives: November 2014
Last December (2013) I published a post on the history of the wonderful Christmas spiritual, first recorded (to my knowledge) by The Stanley Brothers back in the early ’60s. You can find that post here. Judging from views, it’s the … Continue reading
UPDATE 4MAY21: The CD is now available on eBay. See Update HERE. UPDATE 28Apr21: CDbaby has closed their record store, and are now offering only services. Amazon and cdUniverse appear to have no John Lincoln Wright CDs. Collectors Choice shows … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, a newsletter from Geoff Bartley featured a want ad for bluegrass bands to play at his well-known Cambridge club, The Cantab, which features bluegrass on Tuesday evenings. I asked Geoff if I could reproduce it, … Continue reading
I’ve been planning to start posting some record reviews and other news, but “The best laid plans. . .” go their own way. In lieu of those, I’m starting what I hope can be a regular feature, “HA’pennings”: brief notes … Continue reading
From the Boston Bluegrass Union website: 2015 Joe Val Update: Sheraton hotel rooms sold out within 1-2 minutes. However, there are rooms available at our overflow hotels only a few minutes away. Weekend tickets are now on sale. … Continue reading
[Part 1 is HERE. Part 2 is HERE.] I awoke Friday morning to bright sunshine in Raleigh; Dr Janie had gone out for a walk, and returned bearing coffee and a muffin from The Carolina Kitchen. She had checked to … Continue reading
Here’s the schedule for the Metropolitan Opry (as we call it at HAH). Only five Met broadcasts begin as early as noon (three in December); the rest at 12:30 or 1:00, so HAH won’t lose too much air time. David … Continue reading
[Note: Part 1 is HERE. Part 3 is HERE.] Winning a Distinguished Achievement Award got Dr Janie and me tickets to the Thursday evening 25th Annual International Bluegrass Music Awards. Indeed, as VIPs (Virtually Invisible Personages?), upon entering the grounds … Continue reading
From an October 29th report on the Fox News website (hat-tip to space-time on the MacResource Forum): Amelia Earhart plane fragment identified By Rossella Lorenzi A fragment of Amelia Earhart’s lost aircraft has been identified to a high degree of … Continue reading