Top Posts & Pages
- Rare Stanley Brothers Radio Transcription—You Can Help Save It!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- After 50 Years, the Second Stanley Brother Leaves Us
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Off 29Aug and 5Sep, but We Have a Surprise—Ol' Sinc!
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part I
Monthly Archives: October 2014
Back in June, I reported on a program banjo player Jayme Stone was working on, called “The Lomax Project,” here. I guess he got his funding, as he’s taking it on the road, including three dates in Massachusetts: Focusing on … Continue reading
[Note: Part 2 of this series is HERE. Part 3 is HERE.] Dr Janie and I flew down to Raleigh on Wednesday, October 1st. We would have taken the train, but it required a very early 6 AM departure and … Continue reading
Back in July, Harvard Gazette (and Boston Globe) photographer Jon Chase arrived at Studio BC at WHRB on Saturday morning, and snapped a bunch of photos. Larry Flint turned up, as well as Buck Mitchell, and erstwhile Nashville (now back … Continue reading
It’s been a while since we’ve seen (and heard) Boston-area favorites Ron Thomason and company, but they’ll be making an appearance for the Boston Bluegrass Union in Lexington, Saturday, October 25th. From the BBU: The Boston Bluegrass Union Presents The … Continue reading