December 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
- Update from the Road
- Home-Brewed, Archived, Pre-empted
- Hillbilly Home Recordings Continue. . .
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Johnny Cash: "I Don't Give Up."
- Willie, John T, and Me
- Deep Roots Remembers Gordon Stoker & The Jordanaires
- No Particular Place to Go
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- It's the Eighth of January!
- Remember Angel Train? They Were Live on April 22, 1989!
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
Tag Archives: Bob Dylan
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It’s June 3rd, in the year 2000, and the Hot Club of Cowtown are back in sumptuous Studio B. Old Sinc had invited them in after seeing them live a couple of years before. When … Continue reading
(Hits and Misses 6) • Glen Campbell: Adiós (2017, Universal) If you’ll look at my post from last September on Hillbilly at Harvard in the 1960s, ‘HAH History: The Committee Saves the Show’, and scroll down, you’ll see a photo … Continue reading
Woody Guthrie reportedly left some 3,000 manuscript songs behind, most if not all lyrics without a hint of melody. Back in the ’30s and ’40s there were no smart phones, tape recorders, and precious few wire recorders. Radio stations had … Continue reading
Old friend Jim Rooney will be coming in this Saturday, 13Sep, to talk about his new autobiography. He’s bringing a CD full of songs he performed, recorded, produced, published, or which influenced him over his long (continuing) career. We’ll listen … Continue reading