September 2019 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- "A Good Voice and a Clean Suit"—Slim Whitman Dies
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Country Calendar
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- 2015 Joe Val Festival News
- The Montreal Express
- ‘Maple Sugar’, Sweetheart!
Category Archives: Random Stuff
Jalopnik news item of interest to some of us: Sacramento County Says It’s Illegal to Work on Your Own Car in Your Own Garage Jason Torchinsky There’s an interesting discussion happening over at the Grassroots Motorsports forum right now, and … Continue reading
Last Sunday, after a visit with two old friends on a sunny afternoon at Castle Island Park, we came home and I switched from shorts to jeans. It was an ordinary evening, of catching up with email and the blogs/websites … Continue reading
After a brief, but intense, search for a molded fiberglass travel trailer (which if you’re interested in the gory details or in camping trailers, I describe at length in my personal blog, Walking Creek World; click HERE) we bought a … Continue reading
Cosmo Cavicchio is an engaging fellow who hosts a regular interview program called Cosmo’s Journal, on Billerica Access Television Tuesday evenings (replayed at other times). He is also a bluegrass bass player, and works with Michelle Canning and her band … Continue reading
Back in August I came across a Guinness ad. I don’t remember where I encountered it; maybe from the MacResource Forum, where people often post Internet flotsam and jetsam. Anyway, just today a friend who finally figured out how to … Continue reading
[Part 1 is HERE. Part 2 is HERE.] I awoke Friday morning to bright sunshine in Raleigh; Dr Janie had gone out for a walk, and returned bearing coffee and a muffin from The Carolina Kitchen. She had checked to … Continue reading
From an October 29th report on the Fox News website (hat-tip to space-time on the MacResource Forum): Amelia Earhart plane fragment identified By Rossella Lorenzi A fragment of Amelia Earhart’s lost aircraft has been identified to a high degree of … Continue reading
Gordy Brown is an old friend of Hillbilly at Harvard, and has done enormous service to country music in the region as historian and keeper of memorabilia with his New England Country Music Historical Society (now defunct). But I’ve had … Continue reading
It’s a cloudy day, with heavy rain predicted for this afternoon and evening, thanks to Hurricane Arthur, now out to sea eastwards. It was a prettier day last year. See here, and remember why we celebrate the Fourth of July. /CL