March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
- WHRB 95.3FM – Live Internet Stream for HAH HAH’s Home for Lo These Many Decades
My other hats. . .
- Walking Creek World Follow Cousin Lynn down The Walking Creek. . .
Tag Archives: Ralph Stanley
It’s 1986, and Delia Bell & Bill Grant Are Live in Studio A
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I long remembered there was a time when Delia Bell and Bill Grant had played live on Hillbilly at Harvard. I was entranced by Bill’s performance of Merle Haggard’s “I’ll Break Out Again Tonight,” so … Continue reading
Back to 2005—with Peter Rowan and Larry Stephenson
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD This Saturday (May 15th) travel back with us to April 16, 2005, and a memorable Hillbilly at Harvard. Peter Rowan was back in town, opening for Ralph Stanley at Sanders Theatre at Harvard, with Peter’s … Continue reading
After 50 Years, the Second Stanley Brother Leaves Us
I have been reading one memorial after another, eulogies, tributes, encomia, to and for Ralph Stanley. Most of them focus on his voice (click on the links for the full articles): “You don’t replace a Ralph Stanley,” said Eric … Continue reading
Posted in Bluegrass, Country News, Old-Timey, Radio Talk Tagged Buddy Miller, Carter Stanley, Charlie Sizemore, Coen Brothers, David Rawlings, Del McCoury, Dierks Bentley, Eric Gibson, George Jones, Gillian Welch, Grand Ole Opry, James King, Jerry Carcia, Jim Lauderdale, Kyle Young, Larry Sparks, Oh Brother Where Art Thou?, Primitive Baptist, Ralph Stanley, Ralph Stanley II, Roy Lee Centers, Steve Morse, The Grateful Dead, The Stanley Brothers 1 Comment
David Johnson, Author of Stanley Brothers Biography, Coming to HAH on the 26th
I’m looking forward to chatting with David Johnson, author of the just-released Lonesome Melodies: The Lives and Music of the Stanley Brothers, on the show tomorrow. He’s coming down from New Hampshire. We’ll probably spend an hour or more talking … Continue reading