- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Rhode Island's Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Country Calendar
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- The Montreal Express
- Joe Val Festival News!
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- "A Good Voice and a Clean Suit"—Slim Whitman Dies
Tag Archives: Ralph Stanley
I have been reading one memorial after another, eulogies, tributes, encomia, to and for Ralph Stanley. Most of them focus on his voice (click on the links for the full articles): “You don’t replace a Ralph Stanley,” said Eric … Continue reading
I’m looking forward to chatting with David Johnson, author of the just-released Lonesome Melodies: The Lives and Music of the Stanley Brothers, on the show tomorrow. He’s coming down from New Hampshire. We’ll probably spend an hour or more talking … Continue reading