January 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Gordy Brown
- The Day-After-Christmas Extravaganza!
- The Met Is Back, and Orgies® Pre-empt HAH for Two Weeks in December
- David Elliott—We Lost a Friend and Colleague
- Willie, John T, and Me
- HAH History: Sinc and Dave Interview Patty Loveless in 1994
- For Met Fans—More Operas!
- Harvard Gazette Highlights WHRB
- Photos from the 2020 Joe Val Festival
- WHRB and HAH Are Still on the Air
- Coming Up: The Joe Val Festival for 2020!
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Gerry Katz
Last Friday brought this news from Jon Lehrich, Chairman of WHRB’s Board of Trustees: Friends: I am writing to share the sad news that David Elliott passed away last night, after a long battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). David … Continue reading
It’s hard to believe it’s been two months since the Joe Val Bluegrass Festival on Presidents’ Day Weekend in February. Harder still to remember that hundreds of bluegrass pickers and fans took over the entire Sheraton Hotel for three days, … Continue reading
I had heard the name, but knew nothing of the band when Tony Watt asked if I’d like to have them on live. They are scheduled to appear at the Joe Val Festival this year, so I said, sure, if … Continue reading
NOTE: For higher-resolution versions of the photographs, go to Flickr, HERE. (They won’t be super high, because with my Rebel T2i-Tamron 18-270 combination, I still needed to shoot at 3200 ISO, but they will be better than the ones that … Continue reading
[Continued from Part I, HERE] Saturday evening, following Steve Gulley and New Pinnacle, the ladies of Sister Sadie unleashed some powerful and poignant vocals in the main hall. This is a an all star band that features two very different … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the BBU: 29th Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, February 14 – 16, at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel, Framingham, MA Master Classes and Fast Track Classes Details on http://www.bbu.org Main Stage Main Stage lineup is now posted. I … Continue reading
Gerry Katz sends this emotional performance by Vince and Patty of “Go Rest High on That Mountain” at the funeral for George yesterday. The fellow who uploaded it says that the Opry took down others, so I don’t know how … Continue reading