- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Bluegrass and Cajun at the Lowell Folk Festival
- Southern Rail in Framingham
- Talkin’ about Trains
Top Posts & Pages
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- No Particular Place to Go
- Hits and Misses 5
- 2018 Joe Val Festival: IIIrd Tyme Out, David Davis, and more!
- Country Calendar
- Why No Spinitron?
- Chuck McDermott & Wheatstraw Reunion! At Johnny D's June 7th
- "A Good Voice and a Clean Suit"—Slim Whitman Dies
Tag Archives: Gerry Katz
I had heard the name, but knew nothing of the band when Tony Watt asked if I’d like to have them on live. They are scheduled to appear at the Joe Val Festival this year, so I said, sure, if … Continue reading
NOTE: For higher-resolution versions of the photographs, go to Flickr, HERE. (They won’t be super high, because with my Rebel T2i-Tamron 18-270 combination, I still needed to shoot at 3200 ISO, but they will be better than the ones that … Continue reading
[Continued from Part I, HERE] Saturday evening, following Steve Gulley and New Pinnacle, the ladies of Sister Sadie unleashed some powerful and poignant vocals in the main hall. This is a an all star band that features two very different … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the BBU: 29th Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, February 14 – 16, at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel, Framingham, MA Master Classes and Fast Track Classes Details on http://www.bbu.org Main Stage Main Stage lineup is now posted. I … Continue reading
Gerry Katz sends this emotional performance by Vince and Patty of “Go Rest High on That Mountain” at the funeral for George yesterday. The fellow who uploaded it says that the Opry took down others, so I don’t know how … Continue reading