- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
- Update from the Road
- Home-Brewed, Archived, Pre-empted
- Hillbilly Home Recordings Continue. . .
- More Hillbilly Home Recordings. . .
- Hillbilly Home Recordings (HHR) is on the Air
Top Posts & Pages
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Willie, John T, and Me
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- No Particular Place to Go
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- It's the Eighth of January!
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O'Brien's in Somerville
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Gordy Brown
Tag Archives: The Down Home Show
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD UPDATE 24DEC21: REMEMBER PART TWO OF THIS EXTRAVAGANZA FROM 1986 TOMORROW AT 9 AM. TUNE IN EARLY! The sticker on the tape reads, ‘DHSh/HAH—20Dec86—Christmas Show (Cast of Thousands)’. That’s ‘Down Home Show / Hillbilly at … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was November 8th, 1986, back in the WHRB studios under Sanders Theater in Memorial Hall, and I was having trouble with Left Turntable during The Down Home Show. One channel was not broadcasting. This … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD I went looking in the boxes of reel-to-reel tapes for a July 4th show. The closest I found was one from Saturday, July 5th, 1986. Old Sinc and Miss Helen were on vacation in Florida … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The metal reel on Revox tape recorder looks perturbed, but I prefer to think it’s singing. The slow-moving (3 3/4 ips) reels are regaling me with music from 1989 (two hours of The Down Home … Continue reading