Top Posts & Pages
- Rare Stanley Brothers Radio Transcription—You Can Help Save It!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
- After 50 Years, the Second Stanley Brother Leaves Us
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Off 29Aug and 5Sep, but We Have a Surprise—Ol' Sinc!
- Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part I
Tag Archives: The Gibson Brothers
Boston-area favorites The Gibson Brothers will be at the Boston Bluegrass Union‘s regular venue in Lexington on the 21st. The BBU still calls it the National Heritage Museum, though it is now the Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library, which … Continue reading
[Continued from Part I, HERE] Saturday evening, following Steve Gulley and New Pinnacle, the ladies of Sister Sadie unleashed some powerful and poignant vocals in the main hall. This is a an all star band that features two very different … Continue reading
Already scheduled for Sunday afternoon (February 14th) at the annual Joe Val Festival, The Traveling McCourys will become The Del McCoury Band! Del of course was ‘snowed out’ last year (remember the snowstorm here that snowed in a lot of … Continue reading
Received this note from Ken Irwin (co-founder of Rounder Records) Thursday to WZBC’s Cousin Kate and me with news about a film documentary on Eric Gibson‘s son Kelley (Eric is of course half of The Gibson Brothers): Dear Friends, My … Continue reading
Back on Wednesday (18Mar) I got an email from Ken Irwin at Rounder reminding me that The Gibson Brothers are appearing at Johnny D’s on this coming Wednesday, the 25th. But I neglected to print it out, so it didn’t … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the Boston Bluegrass Union: An Evening with the Gibson Brothers, Saturday, January 10th at the National Heritage Museum, Lexington, MA We love these guys, and hope you’ll join us on January 10th as the Gibson Brothers … Continue reading