December 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Whaddaya Know? We’ve Been Pre-empted!
- In Virginia for Thanksgiving
- Lincoln and ‘Acoustic Pals’ Live in 1992!
- The Poodles, Live in 1986!
- Back on Track with The Lynn Morris Band on October 31st, 1992
- Hear New IBMA Hall of Famer Lynn Morris on Hallowe’en 1992
- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Whaddaya Know? We've Been Pre-empted!
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" (Now Available!)
- The 2018 Joe Val Festival
- Willie, John T, and Me
Tag Archives: The Gibson Brothers
We drove up with our little Casita travel trailer into pungent Litchfield, Maine (yes, it seemed to be manure-spreading season) and found the Blistered Fingers Bluegrass Festival, the 54th, they advertise. They have two every summer (in June and August), … Continue reading
I don’t get to many festivals, as the biggest day is always Saturday, and I have radio business then. But I did arrange for a pre-recorded Hillbilly at Harvard on June 29th, so Dr Janie and I took the Green … Continue reading
Once again, another amazing festival produced and hosted by the Boston Bluegrass Union! Dr Janie and I got to a fair amount of the shows, but of course there was lots more going on that we didn’t see: workshops, jams, … Continue reading
For bluegrass-country fans here in New England, Presidents’ Day weekend means Joe Val Weekend. The substitution is fine with me, as the elevation of the third weekend in February to just another Monday day off meant the nation quickly forgot … Continue reading
Boston-area favorites The Gibson Brothers will be at the Boston Bluegrass Union‘s regular venue in Lexington on the 21st. The BBU still calls it the National Heritage Museum, though it is now the Scottish Rite Masonic Museum & Library, which … Continue reading
[Continued from Part I, HERE] Saturday evening, following Steve Gulley and New Pinnacle, the ladies of Sister Sadie unleashed some powerful and poignant vocals in the main hall. This is a an all star band that features two very different … Continue reading
Already scheduled for Sunday afternoon (February 14th) at the annual Joe Val Festival, The Traveling McCourys will become The Del McCoury Band! Del of course was ‘snowed out’ last year (remember the snowstorm here that snowed in a lot of … Continue reading
Received this note from Ken Irwin (co-founder of Rounder Records) Thursday to WZBC’s Cousin Kate and me with news about a film documentary on Eric Gibson‘s son Kelley (Eric is of course half of The Gibson Brothers): Dear Friends, My … Continue reading
Back on Wednesday (18Mar) I got an email from Ken Irwin at Rounder reminding me that The Gibson Brothers are appearing at Johnny D’s on this coming Wednesday, the 25th. But I neglected to print it out, so it didn’t … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the Boston Bluegrass Union: An Evening with the Gibson Brothers, Saturday, January 10th at the National Heritage Museum, Lexington, MA We love these guys, and hope you’ll join us on January 10th as the Gibson Brothers … Continue reading