- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- "A Good Voice and a Clean Suit"—Slim Whitman Dies
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Country Calendar
- No Second Fiddle: Jean Shepard, 1933-2016
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- 2015 Joe Val Festival News
- The Montreal Express
Tag Archives: The Earls of Leicester
I don’t get to many festivals, as the biggest day is always Saturday, and I have radio business then. But I did arrange for a pre-recorded Hillbilly at Harvard on June 29th, so Dr Janie and I took the Green … Continue reading
Once again, another amazing festival produced and hosted by the Boston Bluegrass Union! Dr Janie and I got to a fair amount of the shows, but of course there was lots more going on that we didn’t see: workshops, jams, … Continue reading
And that means it’s time for ‘The Battle of New Orleans’ with Johnny Horton (1959): Johnny Horton of course took the song from Jimmy Driftwood (whose real name was James Morris). From a site called the Greasespot Cafe, … Continue reading