March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
- WHRB 95.3FM – Live Internet Stream for HAH HAH’s Home for Lo These Many Decades
My other hats. . .
- Walking Creek World Follow Cousin Lynn down The Walking Creek. . .
Tag Archives: The Charles River Valley Boys
Tex Logan (1927–2015) — Part II
Part I is HERE. It was Tex Logan‘s association with Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper that led him to Bill Monroe in 1951, and the recording of his song, now a bluegrass and country standard, “Christmas Time’s A-Comin’.” Richard Thompson, … Continue reading
Posted in Bluegrass, Country News, Hillbilly History, Neat Pics Tagged "Christmas Time's A-comin'", Bell Labs, Bill Keith, Bill Monroe, Bluegrass Today, Boston Area Friends of Bluegrass and Old-Time Country Music, Buck Graves, Carlton Haney, Carter Stanley, Cowboy Copas, Daniel E. Slotnik, Dick Curley, Don Lineburger, Edd Mayfield, Everett Lilly, Everett LIlly Jr., Flatt & Scruggs, Frank Lane, Fred Bartenstein, Fred Robbins, Gene Lowinger, Gordon Terry, Hawkshaw Hawkins, Hayloft Jamboree, James Bowers, James Monroe, Jim Rooney, Jody Logan, Joe Val, Julian 'Winnie' Winston, Mike Seeger, Nancy Talbott, Owen Bradley, Paul Rothchild, Pete Cassell, Pete Lane, Peter Rowan, Richard Greene, Richard Thompson, Shorty Sheenan, Tex Logan, The Charles River Valley Boys, The Confederate Mountaineers, The Lane Brothers, The Lilly Brothers and Don Stover, The New Lost City Ramblers, Wayne Raney, Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper 13 Comments