January 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Gordy Brown
- The Day-After-Christmas Extravaganza!
- The Met Is Back, and Orgies® Pre-empt HAH for Two Weeks in December
- David Elliott—We Lost a Friend and Colleague
- Willie, John T, and Me
- HAH History: Sinc and Dave Interview Patty Loveless in 1994
- For Met Fans—More Operas!
- Harvard Gazette Highlights WHRB
- Photos from the 2020 Joe Val Festival
- WHRB and HAH Are Still on the Air
- Coming Up: The Joe Val Festival for 2020!
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Lefty Frizzell
(Hits and Misses 7) Lee Ann Womack (ATO Records, 2017) Back in 2014, Suzy Bogguss released an album of Merle Haggard songs, called Lucky. It was for the most part delightful, as Suzy’s crystalline voice always is, but to my … Continue reading
“I look for songs in the world around me”—Merle Haggard I’ve been taking Merle Haggard for granted, for too long. And suddenly, he’s gone. Merle has been a part of my life since the ’60s, so much a fixture that … Continue reading
[Continued from Part I, HERE] Saturday evening, following Steve Gulley and New Pinnacle, the ladies of Sister Sadie unleashed some powerful and poignant vocals in the main hall. This is a an all star band that features two very different … Continue reading
But I just discovered Richard Brandenburg this past fall. I was listening to an album I got from a California artist named David Thom at the IBMA World of Bluegrass in Raleigh, a good album, which I enjoyed, but nothing … Continue reading