August 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
- Update from the Road
- Home-Brewed, Archived, Pre-empted
- Hillbilly Home Recordings Continue. . .
- More Hillbilly Home Recordings. . .
- Hillbilly Home Recordings (HHR) is on the Air
- UPDATE: ‘Maple Sugar Sweetheart’
- Pappy Ben Minnich Is in the Studio, on December 14th, 1985
- Remember Part II with Tish
- Jim Rooney and Tish Hinojosa Visit “Hillbilly Central” on May 15th, 1999
- It’s October 24, 1992, and We’ve Got Kate MacKenzie and D. L. Menard!
- June 1993: Iris DeMent Was in Town, and Live on HAH
Top Posts & Pages
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- Willie, John T, and Me
- Chuck McDermott & Wheatstraw Reunion! At Johnny D's June 7th
- Cowboy Jack Clement Dies at 82
- At The World of Bluegrass in Raleigh—Part 1 of Our Trip South
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- No Second Fiddle: Jean Shepard, 1933-2016
- It's the Eighth of January!
Tag Archives: Johnny Warren
I don’t get to many festivals, as the biggest day is always Saturday, and I have radio business then. But I did arrange for a pre-recorded Hillbilly at Harvard on June 29th, so Dr Janie and I took the Green … Continue reading
And that means it’s time for ‘The Battle of New Orleans’ with Johnny Horton (1959): Johnny Horton of course took the song from Jimmy Driftwood (whose real name was James Morris). From a site called the Greasespot Cafe, … Continue reading