- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- The Montreal Express
- Another Songwriter Gone: Guy Clark (1941–2016)
- Cowboy Jack Clement Dies at 82
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- In Which I Get on Cable TV
Tag Archives: Joe Val Festival
I had heard the name, but knew nothing of the band when Tony Watt asked if I’d like to have them on live. They are scheduled to appear at the Joe Val Festival this year, so I said, sure, if … Continue reading
I met Al Hawkes at one of the Joe Val Festivals, back in the Green Room. It was not the one where he received the 2009 Heritage Industry Award from the Boston Bluegrass Union. It might have been 2016 when … Continue reading
Already scheduled for Sunday afternoon (February 14th) at the annual Joe Val Festival, The Traveling McCourys will become The Del McCoury Band! Del of course was ‘snowed out’ last year (remember the snowstorm here that snowed in a lot of … Continue reading
That’s from Laurie Lewis’s website. I looked because the Boston Bluegrass Union has been ambiguous about the name of the band. Laurie’s regulars are The Right Hands. Gerry Katz in his email promotion called this different aggregation, with typical whimsy, … Continue reading
. . . For another terrific Joe Val Festival! And to think they managed to pull it off amidst a foot of snowfall Saturday night and Sunday morning, deterring attendees and sending some home Saturday for fear of being stranded. … Continue reading
Here we go again (from the National Weather Service): WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING… THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY … Continue reading
From the Boston Bluegrass Union website: 2015 Joe Val Update: Sheraton hotel rooms sold out within 1-2 minutes. However, there are rooms available at our overflow hotels only a few minutes away. Weekend tickets are now on sale. … Continue reading
From Gerry Katz at the BBU: 29th Joe Val Bluegrass Festival, February 14 – 16, at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel, Framingham, MA Master Classes and Fast Track Classes Details on http://www.bbu.org Main Stage Main Stage lineup is now posted. I … Continue reading
As you may have heard a couple of weeks ago when Sheila Selby came by the show, the Joe Val lineup is now public, and Sheraton hotel-room rush date is coming up next Tuesday. Remember, the rooms sold out in … Continue reading
From Sheila Selby at the BBU: The Boston Bluegrass Union (BBU) is excited to announce its third annual graphic contest for our Joe Val Bluegrass Festival. Our first two graphic contests were so successful, we’re doing it again! The 29th … Continue reading