January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Joe Val Festival
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD The Boston Bluegrass Union was celebrating its 25th Anniversary, and for the occasion was hosting a concert at the (then named) Museum of Our National Heritage in Lexington, with a group they called the Southern … Continue reading
From the Boston Bluegrass Union: Bluegrass Breakdown September 9th, 2021 Joe Val 2022 Postponed Due to COVID-19 Greeting to all friends of the Joe Val Bluegrass Festival. Much has changed since we were all together in February of 2020. The Sheraton … Continue reading
I had heard the name, but knew nothing of the band when Tony Watt asked if I’d like to have them on live. They are scheduled to appear at the Joe Val Festival this year, so I said, sure, if … Continue reading
I met Al Hawkes at one of the Joe Val Festivals, back in the Green Room. It was not the one where he received the 2009 Heritage Industry Award from the Boston Bluegrass Union. It might have been 2016 when … Continue reading
Already scheduled for Sunday afternoon (February 14th) at the annual Joe Val Festival, The Traveling McCourys will become The Del McCoury Band! Del of course was ‘snowed out’ last year (remember the snowstorm here that snowed in a lot of … Continue reading
That’s from Laurie Lewis’s website. I looked because the Boston Bluegrass Union has been ambiguous about the name of the band. Laurie’s regulars are The Right Hands. Gerry Katz in his email promotion called this different aggregation, with typical whimsy, … Continue reading
. . . For another terrific Joe Val Festival! And to think they managed to pull it off amidst a foot of snowfall Saturday night and Sunday morning, deterring attendees and sending some home Saturday for fear of being stranded. … Continue reading
Here we go again (from the National Weather Service): WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING… THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY … Continue reading
From the Boston Bluegrass Union website: 2015 Joe Val Update: Sheraton hotel rooms sold out within 1-2 minutes. However, there are rooms available at our overflow hotels only a few minutes away. Weekend tickets are now on sale. … Continue reading