June 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
- Update from the Road
- Home-Brewed, Archived, Pre-empted
- Hillbilly Home Recordings Continue. . .
- More Hillbilly Home Recordings. . .
- Hillbilly Home Recordings (HHR) is on the Air
- UPDATE: ‘Maple Sugar Sweetheart’
- Pappy Ben Minnich Is in the Studio, on December 14th, 1985
- Remember Part II with Tish
- Jim Rooney and Tish Hinojosa Visit “Hillbilly Central” on May 15th, 1999
- It’s October 24, 1992, and We’ve Got Kate MacKenzie and D. L. Menard!
- June 1993: Iris DeMent Was in Town, and Live on HAH
- Y2K Fun with the Hot Club of Cowtown!
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Jimmy Martin
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was November 8th, 1986, back in the WHRB studios under Sanders Theater in Memorial Hall, and I was having trouble with Left Turntable during The Down Home Show. One channel was not broadcasting. This … Continue reading
Bad news for late risers (and Western Time Zoners): Hillbilly at Harvard is cutting back to three hours, from 9 AM to 12 noon, starting this Saturday (January 30th). And as well, Harvard is still restricting outsiders (non-students, non-employees) from … Continue reading
It’s hard to believe it’s been two months since the Joe Val Bluegrass Festival on Presidents’ Day Weekend in February. Harder still to remember that hundreds of bluegrass pickers and fans took over the entire Sheraton Hotel for three days, … Continue reading
I had heard the name, but knew nothing of the band when Tony Watt asked if I’d like to have them on live. They are scheduled to appear at the Joe Val Festival this year, so I said, sure, if … Continue reading
I’ve been wondering whether I needed to explain this at all, but I did mention it on air, so if anyone is curious, this is what happened: Barbara Martin Stephens lived with Jimmy Martin from 1953 to 1966, and had … Continue reading