January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Jim Rooney
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Second half of the show from May 15th, 1999, featuring Tish Hinojosa at 9 AM this morning. Tom Pittman of the Austin Lounge Lizards makes a brief appearance, too. Turns out old friend and photographer … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD “Hillbilly Central.” That’s what Sinc called it, in Studio B with Tish Hinojosa, as Jim Rooney was waving goodbye, Tom Pittman of the Austin Lounge Lizards had dropped by to say hello (the Lizards were … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It’s Saturday, June 5th, 1993. Hillbilly at Harvard had been preempted for a couple of weeks (probably by Orgies®) and was limited, we were told, to three hours that day. But Iris DeMent was in … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was July 21st, 1990. Sinc and I were both in town, and so were Peter Keane and Barry & Holly Tashian. Pete (a WHRB member) knew sumptuous Studio A well, as he and Elijah … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD 1961: The Lilly Brothers, Everett and B, with Don Stover, play a concert in Lowell House at Harvard College. Everett, who usually plays mandolin, picks up the fiddle and wows the audience with a fiery … Continue reading
I don’t get to many festivals, as the biggest day is always Saturday, and I have radio business then. But I did arrange for a pre-recorded Hillbilly at Harvard on June 29th, so Dr Janie and I took the Green … Continue reading
I met Al Hawkes at one of the Joe Val Festivals, back in the Green Room. It was not the one where he received the 2009 Heritage Industry Award from the Boston Bluegrass Union. It might have been 2016 when … Continue reading
Already scheduled for Sunday afternoon (February 14th) at the annual Joe Val Festival, The Traveling McCourys will become The Del McCoury Band! Del of course was ‘snowed out’ last year (remember the snowstorm here that snowed in a lot of … Continue reading
Got home Saturday evening (we were out minding four grandkids) to sit down at the iMac and see this sad news from Jim Rooney: Dear Friends, My long-time dear friend and musical partner Bill Keith left us on Thursday, Oct. … Continue reading