December 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Whaddaya Know? We’ve Been Pre-empted!
- In Virginia for Thanksgiving
- Lincoln and ‘Acoustic Pals’ Live in 1992!
- The Poodles, Live in 1986!
- Back on Track with The Lynn Morris Band on October 31st, 1992
- Hear New IBMA Hall of Famer Lynn Morris on Hallowe’en 1992
- Now for Something Different—The Tarbox Ramblers!
- Let’s Stay in 1990. . .
- Summertime Guests Peter Keane, Barry & Holly Tashian, in 1990
- A Double Treat of Live Music, with Dave Foley and Mike Ireland in 1999
- Back to 1986, with Bay State Bluegrass
- Jenny Brook Lives!
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- When the World Stopped Turning
- The Freight Hoppers, Live in 1998!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- Whaddaya Know? We've Been Pre-empted!
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- No Joe Val Festival This February
- "O Beautiful Star of Bethlehem" (Now Available!)
- The 2018 Joe Val Festival
- Willie, John T, and Me
Tag Archives: Jim Rooney
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD It was July 21st, 1990. Sinc and I were both in town, and so were Peter Keane and Barry & Holly Tashian. Pete (a WHRB member) knew sumptuous Studio A well, as he and Elijah … Continue reading
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD 1961: The Lilly Brothers, Everett and B, with Don Stover, play a concert in Lowell House at Harvard College. Everett, who usually plays mandolin, picks up the fiddle and wows the audience with a fiery … Continue reading
I don’t get to many festivals, as the biggest day is always Saturday, and I have radio business then. But I did arrange for a pre-recorded Hillbilly at Harvard on June 29th, so Dr Janie and I took the Green … Continue reading
I met Al Hawkes at one of the Joe Val Festivals, back in the Green Room. It was not the one where he received the 2009 Heritage Industry Award from the Boston Bluegrass Union. It might have been 2016 when … Continue reading
Already scheduled for Sunday afternoon (February 14th) at the annual Joe Val Festival, The Traveling McCourys will become The Del McCoury Band! Del of course was ‘snowed out’ last year (remember the snowstorm here that snowed in a lot of … Continue reading
Got home Saturday evening (we were out minding four grandkids) to sit down at the iMac and see this sad news from Jim Rooney: Dear Friends, My long-time dear friend and musical partner Bill Keith left us on Thursday, Oct. … Continue reading
Part I is HERE. It was Tex Logan‘s association with Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper that led him to Bill Monroe in 1951, and the recording of his song, now a bluegrass and country standard, “Christmas Time’s A-Comin’.” Richard Thompson, … Continue reading
Listeners to Hillbilly at Harvard over the years will have heard the name Tex Logan from time to time, not only when we played the familiar fiddle tunes “Katy Hill” and “Natchez Under the Hill” from the—what was a word … Continue reading
Here we go again (from the National Weather Service): WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING… THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY … Continue reading
Back in July, Harvard Gazette (and Boston Globe) photographer Jon Chase arrived at Studio BC at WHRB on Saturday morning, and snapped a bunch of photos. Larry Flint turned up, as well as Buck Mitchell, and erstwhile Nashville (now back … Continue reading