- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- The Montreal Express
- Another Songwriter Gone: Guy Clark (1941–2016)
- Cowboy Jack Clement Dies at 82
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- In Which I Get on Cable TV
Tag Archives: Grand Old Opry
I have to admit that, for a long time, I thought of Little Jimmy Dickens only as one of the many minor characters who inhabited the Grand Old Opry roster, a singer of novelty songs reduced to reprising his few … Continue reading
Gerry Katz sends this emotional performance by Vince and Patty of “Go Rest High on That Mountain” at the funeral for George yesterday. The fellow who uploaded it says that the Opry took down others, so I don’t know how … Continue reading