- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- HA'ppenings: Terry Eagan's 19th Annual Greater Waltham Healing Garden Music Fest
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- No Second Fiddle: Jean Shepard, 1933-2016
- No Particular Place to Go
- Don't Clap—Throw Money (or Rather, Buy Time!)
- Howdy Old Soldiers!
- Another Great Joe Val Festival!—Part I
- "A Good Voice and a Clean Suit"—Slim Whitman Dies
Tag Archives: Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen
Once again, another amazing festival produced and hosted by the Boston Bluegrass Union! Dr Janie and I got to a fair amount of the shows, but of course there was lots more going on that we didn’t see: workshops, jams, … Continue reading
NOTE: For higher-resolution versions of the photographs, go to Flickr, HERE. (They won’t be super high, because with my Rebel T2i-Tamron 18-270 combination, I still needed to shoot at 3200 ISO, but they will be better than the ones that … Continue reading
. . . For another terrific Joe Val Festival! And to think they managed to pull it off amidst a foot of snowfall Saturday night and Sunday morning, deterring attendees and sending some home Saturday for fear of being stranded. … Continue reading
From the Boston Bluegrass Union website: 2015 Joe Val Update: Sheraton hotel rooms sold out within 1-2 minutes. However, there are rooms available at our overflow hotels only a few minutes away. Weekend tickets are now on sale. … Continue reading
[Note: Part 2 of this series is HERE. Part 3 is HERE.] Dr Janie and I flew down to Raleigh on Wednesday, October 1st. We would have taken the train, but it required a very early 6 AM departure and … Continue reading