March 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Coming Up: The Joe Val Festival for 2020!
- “Coming to You by Recording. . .”
- Here’s the Met Broadcast Schedule for 2019-2020
- Engine 576 Whistles & The Pan-American on WSM in Nashville
- Stuart and Stinson Celebrate Nashville’s ‘Duchess’, NC&StL No. 576
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
Top Posts & Pages
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- The Montreal Express
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- ‘Maple Sugar’, Sweetheart!
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
Tag Archives: Frank Solivan and Dirty Kitchen
Once again, another amazing festival produced and hosted by the Boston Bluegrass Union! Dr Janie and I got to a fair amount of the shows, but of course there was lots more going on that we didn’t see: workshops, jams, … Continue reading
NOTE: For higher-resolution versions of the photographs, go to Flickr, HERE. (They won’t be super high, because with my Rebel T2i-Tamron 18-270 combination, I still needed to shoot at 3200 ISO, but they will be better than the ones that … Continue reading
. . . For another terrific Joe Val Festival! And to think they managed to pull it off amidst a foot of snowfall Saturday night and Sunday morning, deterring attendees and sending some home Saturday for fear of being stranded. … Continue reading
From the Boston Bluegrass Union website: 2015 Joe Val Update: Sheraton hotel rooms sold out within 1-2 minutes. However, there are rooms available at our overflow hotels only a few minutes away. Weekend tickets are now on sale. … Continue reading
[Note: Part 2 of this series is HERE. Part 3 is HERE.] Dr Janie and I flew down to Raleigh on Wednesday, October 1st. We would have taken the train, but it required a very early 6 AM departure and … Continue reading