May 2019 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Bluegrass and Cajun at the Lowell Folk Festival
- Southern Rail in Framingham
- Talkin’ about Trains
Top Posts & Pages
- Johnny Cash: "I Don't Give Up."
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- HA'ppenings: Wisewater Live on HAH, April 18th
- After 50 Years, the Second Stanley Brother Leaves Us
- Hits and Misses 5
- Vince Gill and Patty Loveless Sing at George Jones's Funeral
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
Tag Archives: Emmylou Harris
Over on the estimable Watts Up With That? website, New Englander Ric Werme has posted a meteorological recollection of the May snowstorm in 1977: “40 Years Ago: Massachusetts Snags a Memorable Snowfall in May Storm.” I remember that snow well, … Continue reading
Almost two years ago I posted an article about the history of a hymn we have played on the Hillbilly at Harvard Christmas Extravangaza for years and years: The Stanley Brothers‘ recording on King Records of “Beautiful Star of Bethlehem”; … Continue reading