January 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Running Late—But This Is Not 38—
- Time for the Christmas Extravaganza—from 1989!
- Oops! Preempted Tomorrow (Dec 3rd), Back Next Saturday
- It’s 1985, and The Critton Hollow String Band Are in Town!
- What Is a “Deep Dive”? Tony Trischka Meets Earl Scruggs at Belleville, Saturday 22Oct22.
- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
Top Posts & Pages
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- Willie, John T, and Me
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- George, and Eddie and Pearl
- It's the Eighth of January!
- Rhonda Vincent in Studio B (2002)
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem": The Composer's Grandson Writes
- It's 1998, and Time for The Bagboys!
- It’s 1995 and James King Is Live on WHRB
Category Archives: Neat Pics
ANOTHER ARCHIVAL HILLBILLY AT HARVARD Second half of the show from May 15th, 1999, featuring Tish Hinojosa at 9 AM this morning. Tom Pittman of the Austin Lounge Lizards makes a brief appearance, too. Turns out old friend and photographer … Continue reading
We drove up with our little Casita travel trailer into pungent Litchfield, Maine (yes, it seemed to be manure-spreading season) and found the Blistered Fingers Bluegrass Festival, the 54th, they advertise. They have two every summer (in June and August), … Continue reading
This Saturday is the day after Christmas, but we can’t let a year go by without keeping the tradition of our Christmas Extravaganzas alive. So we’ve got one for you: a rebroadcast of the Extravaganza from December 22, 2012! Plenty … Continue reading
I don’t get to many festivals, as the biggest day is always Saturday, and I have radio business then. But I did arrange for a pre-recorded Hillbilly at Harvard on June 29th, so Dr Janie and I took the Green … Continue reading
For bluegrass-country fans here in New England, Presidents’ Day weekend means Joe Val Weekend. The substitution is fine with me, as the elevation of the third weekend in February to just another Monday day off meant the nation quickly forgot … Continue reading
Back about 1965 or 1966, Cousin Dave Schmalz was living in an apartment on Upland Rd. in Cambridge, which of course he called Upland Downs. At one of his weekly poker parties, a WHRB member (whose name escapes me) turned … Continue reading
Old friend Bruce Millard (Hokum’s Heroes) has put together a new band focusing on music of The Carter Family. They’re playing at Club Passim Thursday, 6Aug15. Bruce will be bringing some members of the band to HAH this Saturday (1Aug15), … Continue reading
Part I is HERE. It was Tex Logan‘s association with Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper that led him to Bill Monroe in 1951, and the recording of his song, now a bluegrass and country standard, “Christmas Time’s A-Comin’.” Richard Thompson, … Continue reading
Rhonda Vincent and the Rage in Sumptuous Studio B, 12Jan02, photo by Gerry Katz (Copyright © G. Katz 2002) Erratum: Date corrected from 10Jan03 to 12Jan02.