- Molly Tuttle Back to Bluegrass—at Belleville Roots Oct 7th
- CANCEL ALERT! STREAM FIXED!
- Alert! Stream Down This Morning (17Sep)
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O’Brien’s in Somerville
- The Beep, and How to Make It
- ALERT! BROADCAST DOWN 9:35AM; STILL STREAMING THOUGH. LISTEN ON COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICE.
- More Home-Brewed HAH Shows
- On the Air, Home-Brewed
- We’re Back!
- In Powhatan, Pre-empted for Two Weeks
- Update from the Road
- Home-Brewed, Archived, Pre-empted
- Hillbilly Home Recordings Continue. . .
- More Hillbilly Home Recordings. . .
- Hillbilly Home Recordings (HHR) is on the Air
Top Posts & Pages
- Rick Robinson, Leader of The Bayou Boys, Dies at 62
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Willie, John T, and Me
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- No Particular Place to Go
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- It's the Eighth of January!
- A 50-Year Sour Mash Boys Anniversary—Sunday, 18Sep22, 4–8 PM at Sally O'Brien's in Somerville
- Why I Cancelled Barbara Martin Stephens
- Gordy Brown
Category Archives: Hits and Misses
Hits and Misses 8 “It was a face I’d seen a thousand times at every Derby I’d been to. I saw it, in my head, as the mask of the whiskey gentry – a pretentious mix of booze, failed dreams, … Continue reading
(Hits and Misses 7) Lee Ann Womack (ATO Records, 2017) Back in 2014, Suzy Bogguss released an album of Merle Haggard songs, called Lucky. It was for the most part delightful, as Suzy’s crystalline voice always is, but to my … Continue reading
(Hits and Misses 6) • Glen Campbell: Adiós (2017, Universal) If you’ll look at my post from last September on Hillbilly at Harvard in the 1960s, ‘HAH History: The Committee Saves the Show’, and scroll down, you’ll see a photo … Continue reading
Continuing this occasional department. Previous entries: H&M 1; 2; 3; 4 • Tom Ewing: Adventures of a Bluegrass Boy (2016, Patuxent Music) I can’t do more than to quote Tom Ewing himself: Between 1986 and 1996, while I was one … Continue reading
Continuing this occasional department. Previous entries: H&M 1; H&M 2; H&M 3 • Loretta Lynn: Full Circle (2016, Sony Legacy) I’ve been meaning to do a little capsule on this album ever since it came out last year. Now Loretta … Continue reading
Continuing this occasional department. Previous entries: H&M 1; H&M2 • Jamestown Revival: The Education of a Wandering Man (2016, Republic/UMG) New This is mostly rock-‘n’-roll. But it also draws heavily on country. The duo of Zach Chance and Jonathan Clay … Continue reading
Continuing this occasional department. . . (Number 1 is HERE.) • Chuck Cusimano: Cold in Colorado (Cusimusico Records, 2015) New Chuck Cusimano has a newer album out, which we’ll get to, but this one was new to me only a … Continue reading