- Harvard Football vs. HAH: Call It a Draw
- Photos from the Jenny Brook Bluegrass Festival
- Not to Mention the old Shade Tree. . .
- Pickin’ on Ninnies
- Pre-recorded Shows April 6th and 13th
- The 2019 Joe Val Festival—Photos!
- Time for the 2019 Joe Val Festival!
- Rhode Island’s Best-Kept Secret? Rock Hearts on HAH!
- The Legendary Al Hawkes Dies at 88
- It’s the Eighth of January!
- Extra! Fiddlin’ John Carson Played Tex’s ‘Christmas Time’ in 1927!
- Well Met—It’s Opry Time Again!
- Tony Watt Launches JamVember
- The Whiskey Gentry’s Dead Ringer—Is Lauren Staley!
- Harvard Football vs. HAH: A Draw!
Top Posts & Pages
- "Beautiful Star of Bethlehem"
- Classic Stereo/Phonograph Console Needs a Home
- Paper and Pen—Open Page
- "A Good Voice and a Clean Suit"—Slim Whitman Dies
- And Yet Another One—Tompall Glaser at 79
- Country Calendar
- No Second Fiddle: Jean Shepard, 1933-2016
- John Lincoln Wright's "Takin' Old Route One" Now on CD!
- 2015 Joe Val Festival News
- The Montreal Express
Category Archives: Hits and Misses
Hits and Misses 8 “It was a face I’d seen a thousand times at every Derby I’d been to. I saw it, in my head, as the mask of the whiskey gentry – a pretentious mix of booze, failed dreams, … Continue reading
(Hits and Misses 7) Lee Ann Womack (ATO Records, 2017) Back in 2014, Suzy Bogguss released an album of Merle Haggard songs, called Lucky. It was for the most part delightful, as Suzy’s crystalline voice always is, but to my … Continue reading
(Hits and Misses 6) • Glen Campbell: Adiós (2017, Universal) If you’ll look at my post from last September on Hillbilly at Harvard in the 1960s, ‘HAH History: The Committee Saves the Show’, and scroll down, you’ll see a photo … Continue reading
Continuing this occasional department. Previous entries: H&M 1; 2; 3; 4 • Tom Ewing: Adventures of a Bluegrass Boy (2016, Patuxent Music) I can’t do more than to quote Tom Ewing himself: Between 1986 and 1996, while I was one … Continue reading
Continuing this occasional department. Previous entries: H&M 1; H&M 2; H&M 3 • Loretta Lynn: Full Circle (2016, Sony Legacy) I’ve been meaning to do a little capsule on this album ever since it came out last year. Now Loretta … Continue reading
Continuing this occasional department. Previous entries: H&M 1; H&M2 • Jamestown Revival: The Education of a Wandering Man (2016, Republic/UMG) New This is mostly rock-‘n’-roll. But it also draws heavily on country. The duo of Zach Chance and Jonathan Clay … Continue reading
Continuing this occasional department. . . (Number 1 is HERE.) • Chuck Cusimano: Cold in Colorado (Cusimusico Records, 2015) New Chuck Cusimano has a newer album out, which we’ll get to, but this one was new to me only a … Continue reading